JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does anyone know if the gas block has any thread lock on those two screws?

D2F8FD17-6EF3-4486-A3BF-E9F8BA8E2564.jpeg

A completed 80% receiver is called a receiver. The answer to your quest is "nothing". It doesnt matter who finishes the machine work. A receiver is a receiver. Its an other until you make it a rifle or pistol and you can go back and forth. .

Who do you get this registration stuff? When a licensed manufacturer ( not a "maker" ...you ) builds a firearm he assigns its gender as pistol, rifle or other ( Not counting NFA ) . If it was originally excise taxed by the 07 Manufacturer as a rifle then you as the end user cannot make it a pistol. Thats it. End of story.

Thanks

If I was ordering an complete upper from Aero I'd go with a Hanson profile barrel with the pinned LPGB (assuming they offer that configuration, if not I'd buy the separate parts and build it)

Last Edited:
I finished the lower. The only mistake is I put two detents in in the rear take down pivot. Once I took one detent out the spring went in so much easier. Oh the embarrassment. :oops:

FEA79B93-7A7F-4093-8308-D4A8E0FB94DB.jpeg

I like that you added the Strike Industries enhanced bolt catch. I put those, along with SI take-down/pivot pins and trigger guards on all my builds...

I like that you added the Strike Industries enhanced bolt catch. I put those, along with SI take-down/pivot pins and trigger guards on all my builds...

I had a few BCM black trigger guards since I bought a few extra parts over the past two years. I only had to order the forward assist assemblies and a few bolt dust covers.

I am mostly done. I still need to put the flip up Troy battle sights on. Can I put a Magpul AFG and maybe a light? I have some Speer Gold Dot JSP rounds in both 55gr and 64gr. I am planning on using a BCM BCG.

There was no locktite on Allen bolts on the gas block either.

1400D47D-154C-447D-99ED-FE5E638450B0.jpeg

Last Edited:
I see you also did the SI takedown/pivot pins, as I always do with my builds/upgrades. And the anti-walk pins, too...
Nice looking build. Don't forget to clean up that big fingerprint by the forward assist when you're done... :oops:

Whelp, posted a bolt action rifle i dont use on a classifieds, said i wanted to sell to fund an ar pistol. Few hours later got a good offer. Now just waiting for my springfield saint victor to get out of wa gun control jail.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top