JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like the hammer is not engaging the sear and the hammer is riding forward with the bolt.

If the trigger resets when you manually cycle the weapon with the charging handle, then it sounds like the bolt is not cycling back quite far enough to reset the hammer.

The buffer or buffer spring could be "too heavy", the gas-key on the bolt could be loose, the gas port or tube may be obstructed/out of spec. Also make sure everything is "liberally" lubricated.

It may work itself out with some Break-in time.

Yep, Stomper covered it pretty well. If the gun resets when cycled manually and you have it lubed up good the first thing I would do is sit in the living room and manually cycle the gun a few hundred times and take it out and try it again. (Well the first thing I would do is check gas block alignment and to make sure all the parts are installed correctly)

If you still have problems change out the buffer spring first. I have had bad buffer springs cause the exact issue you described. Plus it's a cheap thing to try :D

If the buffer spring ends up being an issue, check out Tubbs Precision flat wire springs. David Tubbs has videos on his site, so I will spare you the second hand description.

Flat wire can compress further and be designed for better recoil and rebound properties. They dont bind up in the buffer tube, dont make that st00pud sproinG sound and are much smoother.

James, with no mag inserted and an empty chamber, can you pull and hold the trigger rearward, cycle the bolt then let the trigger come forward and feel the reset, then pull rearwad and feel the hammer fall? Does it do this exactly the same each time?

I would first make sure the trigger group is 100% installed correct.

Do you have a carbine buffer and spring?

Sounds like the hammer is not engaging the sear and the hammer is riding forward with the bolt.

If the trigger resets when you manually cycle the weapon with the charging handle, then it sounds like the bolt is not cycling back quite far enough to reset the hammer.

The buffer or buffer spring could be "too heavy", the gas-key on the bolt could be loose, the gas port or tube may be obstructed/out of spec. Also make sure everything is "liberally" lubricated.

It may work itself out with some Break-in time.
to clarify stompers post... he means use this

IMG_0105.JPG

Which brings up an uh-oh... if one did a build dry (Brownells build guide didn't say a word about what/where to lubricate), is there any convenient way to lube the pins etc. without a full teardown?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top