JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering if someone can tell me. Do you have to buy a lower that says pistol only or can you get any lower. But when you do the transfer you specify pistol. Also are there any specific rules you must follow on the build like barrel length or no sling or no forward handle etc

I was wondering if someone can tell me. Do you have to buy a lower that says pistol only or can you get any lower. But when you do the transfer you specify pistol. Also are there any specific rules you must follow on the build like barrel length or no sling or no forward handle etc

There's atf letters out there on the internet explaining what you can do if you want to stay within their guidlines. I believe it has to be marked pistol or be a stripped lower or any lower that has never had a stock assembly put onto it, only a buffer tube is ok. Also no vertical foregrips but you can get one of the angled ones i believe. I haven't looked it up if you can use a magwell grip or not. The barrel i believe can be any length. I have had a 7 n half incher and a 10 inch before. They make a extractor spring (o-ring) kit for 4 bucks from bravo co. that i would highly recomend for ar15 pistols & sbr's. You can have a sling. its the best way to carry one unless you cut out a dump pouch lol it fits snugly inside one as well.

Cool thanks for the info i will check out the atf rules so i take it a brand new stripped lower never assembled but dosent say pistol only would be acceptable

Yes last i checked, as long as the lower has never had a buttstock placed on it. I would check it out though, i havent looked at anything regarding ar15 pistols for over a year. Ar15.com would have alot of discussion on this matter if i remember. They may also have copies and links to the specific atf letters regarding what lowers can be used for the pistols.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top