JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ok ok... so i got this DPMS lower right, and it has commercial buffer tube/stock. I was wondering if a mil spec buffer tube would fit onto my DPMS lower because i want to move onto the mil spec set up. I heard the difference between the two is 0.02". Is it going to be a real struggle screwing the mil spec tube into my lower receiver?

:s0155:

thank you! i feel so enlightened now!
I'm sorry, if you read through the thread, it basically says that the buffer tube spec, is irrelevant. You can use either spec. Comm, or mil. It further goes on to describe that there may be differences, but not necessarily any advantage. Low price mil spec, is not as good as high priced comm spec, for example. What ever spec you use, you are going to get what you paid for.

To answer your question directly, yes, you can use a mill spec stock on your DPMS lower.

Is that better?

yip answered my question. I didnt know if my lower can accept a mil spec buffer tube. But from the infos given, all lowers are able to accept both comm and mil spec tube.

Yes, it'll fit. And I'd go with a mil-spec buffer tube. It'll give you a wider range of stocks to choose from.
Watch out for the rear takedown detent spring that'll pop out when you unscrew the tube

Yes, it'll fit. And I'd go with a mil-spec buffer tube. It'll give you a wider range of stocks to choose from.
Watch out for the rear takedown detent spring that'll pop out when you unscrew the tube

My spring can't pop out. I tapped the hole for a 4/40 set screw, cut off the length of the set screw from the spring, inserted the detent & spring, and screwed in the set screw. Got the idea from this lower building guide

I have a windham and it has commercial buffer tube on it, and I want to put a mill spec buffer tube on it. so do I have to buy a new spring and guts for my mill spec or can I use the spring from my commercial?

The spring and buffer are the exact same just the tubes are different. "Barely"

Honestly might not be worth it..

33DD2A0A-EF87-4600-837A-725641613D70.jpeg

I have a windham and it has commercial buffer tube on it, and I want to put a mill spec buffer tube on it. so do I have to buy a new spring and guts for my mill spec or can I use the spring from my commercial?

Com-spec tubes are a thing of the past. It will thread, trust me. Swap it out and enjoy!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top