JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Built my first AR15 recently, and I believe I'm having a headspace issue. Every few rounds (sometimes 2-3, sometimes 10+) my bcg doesn't fully seat in the barrel and I get a misfire or have to use the forward assist to get the bcg in firing position. I've tried the local gun shop (who torqued my barrel) and they don't seem to think I could have an issue. Calling around to other shops seems to be little help as many claim to not work on AR15s. So, here I am, on the fence about buying my own go/no-go gauges or finding someone local who can help me out.

Here's my build list:
Aero Precision M4E1 Upper & Lower + LPK
Toolcraft BCG
Bear Creek Arsenal barrel
Kaw Valley Buffer tube
Armaspec SMB buffer system
Wojtek adjustable gas block

Am in Goldendale...bring it up and we'll go over it...no charge. I've got gauges and various other fun tools.

Check my website for my number, and give me a call.

Last Edited:
Got this issue sorted out by Cerberus Group! What a fantastic guy to help me out. I stopped by on my way to work; he invited me in and shared so much information about my rifle, how it works, and how to take care of the little things. I thought I had done enough research (hundreds of hours reading/watching videos/talking to friends, and it turns out I had only scratched the surface. I'm looking forward to taking some rifle and handgun classes later this year! Thank you so much for the help!

edit: it took so long to get back to my pc I didn't see the other replies. Thanks again for everything Cerberus!

I was given the opportunity throughout my shooting, gunsmith, and instructing career the chance to work with some SME'S without cost to me...this is my way of giving back.

Glad you got him sorted out and happy to see other members willing to help people out in our community. The world needs more people like you willing to pay it forward. :D

Lack of lube was the problem.

Had I been online at the time he posted, would have told him that LOL. I see it so often with people building new AR platform rifles.

These things are tight tolerance and they like to run wet. If that bolt resists closing and isn't easy to push in and out of the carrier, lube it up and work it!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top