JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Converting from 5.56 to 6.8 SPC is as easy as replacing the barrel and bolt. (not the entire BCG!) Or check out PSA for just the upper!

My 18 inch barreled 6.8 SPC is excellent!

Even magazines may interchange if using 10 round mages with 5 rounds only. Otherwise get 6.8 SPC specific mags.

What's not to love! :)'s

3x9x40 weaver that came with my savage 30-06. Seems to work just fine.
I was shooting first with a 6-18 scope then switched to a rifle using 1-4. It was like shooting through a straw. Couldn't see anything. These days 3-9 barely cuts it. I have a few LVPO but heading back to full powered scopes. My eyes are quickly deteriorating.

So i read today that hunting is illegal with an AR rifle here in washington, can anyone confirm or debunk this claim?
It might help give it context to understand where you are reading the information you are wanting to clarify. Others have already commented on the legality (which is only related to bullet/caliber) and nothing to do with anything else.

6.5 Grendel or 6.8SPC on up with a five round magazine and you're good to go.
Why only 5 rounds? I never seen a magazine restriction for modern hunting season. There is currently a washington law buying new magazines with more than 10 rounds, but if your grandfathered into a 100 round drum of instance , I believe it's still currently legal. Don't know why anyone would want to of course. .22cal for cougar only, and .24cal/6mm or larger for all other large game.

Why only 5 rounds? I never seen a magazine restriction for modern hunting season. There is currently a washington law buying new magazines with more than 10 rounds, but if your grandfathered into a 100 round drum of instance , I believe it's still currently legal. Don't know why anyone would want to of course. .22cal for cougar only, and .24cal/6mm or larger for all other large game.
Not entirely sure for WA, but OR has a 5-rnd limit for semiauto rifles and no limit (last I knew) for an lever/bolt/pump action rifle, and of course there's a 3-rnd limit for any shotgun while duck/goose hunting.

Thanks to King Inslee's decree, Washingtonians can no longer explore any of the cool AR chambering options for hunting. Thanks Farkstick! I will continue to hunt with my 458 socom and my 6.8 spc to thumb my nose at the ill informed who made this new legislation. I fully expect to be hassled by an over zealous warden one of these seasons. Despite how these bans are written, I say the burden to prove when I owned or built these devices of deer war is on them! Just to get spicy I may even hunt with my Akm I purchased before the ban! The 7.62x39 with the right ammo would be a devastating deer round out to 250yds or so!

Thanks to King Inslee's decree, Washingtonians can no longer explore any of the cool AR chambering options for hunting. Thanks Farkstick! I will continue to hunt with my 458 socom and my 6.8 spc to thumb my nose at the ill informed who made this new legislation. I fully expect to be hassled by an over zealous warden one of these seasons. Despite how these bans are written, I say the burden to prove when I owned or built these devices of deer war is on them! Just to get spicy I may even hunt with my Akm I purchased before the ban! The 7.62x39 with the right ammo would be a devastating deer round out to 250yds or so!
Make sure you're rocking at least a 60 round mag as well.

I think its ironic that in Washington you can AR hunt with a 60rd magazine but you cant have a loaded rifle in the car but in Oregon you can have a loaded rifle in the car but you cant hunt with a magazine over 5 rds...

I think its ironic that in Washington you can AR hunt with a 60rd magazine but you cant have a loaded rifle in the car but in Oregon you can have a loaded rifle in the car but you cant hunt with a magazine over 5 rds...
For now, anyway.

When Fuhrer Inslee gets wind of deer being blown to smithereens in the woods by these evil death machines, he's sure to sick the WDFW dogs on the situation.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top