JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I bought a brand new inch lbs torque wrench and attempted to torque the gas key screws. I set my inch pound wrench to 50 inch lbs, and SNAP. Removed screw placed another one, set to 30 ilb, then SNAP. So I bought "supposedly better screws" . Set to 20 ilbs and ......SNAP. Am I a complete idiot or do I need better screws?

So I bought a brand new inch lbs torque wrench and attempted to torque the gas key screws. I set my inch pound wrench to 50 inch lbs, and SNAP. Removed screw placed another one, set to 30 ilb, then SNAP. So I bought "supposedly better screws" . Set to 20 ilbs and ......SNAP. Am I a complete idiot or do I need better screws?
And you stopped when it clicked?

Thanks , guys, so turns out I'm a complete moron. The click was so faint I couldn't feel it. Now I got a feel for it and they worked out great. pshh....:oops:

Hey, at least you knew the difference between foot lbs and inch lbs.
I had to learn the hard way. I didn't even know they made inch lb torque wrenches and was even more clueless about the inch to lb torque conversion charts.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top