JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Sear is the 'machine gun' and it's registered, and since a civvy can only buy a pre '86 sear(Bush Sr by the way)...they are in finite supply...finite supply means increasing value...

As far as 'machine gun' parts....that's a grey area...old AR15s used to come with pretty much all the full auto parts, except the sear...they weren't considered machine guns, because they couldn't shoot full auto...

But most AR15s these days, have lowers, bolts, selectors ect, specificaly designed NOT to be tampered with, or accept a sear...things have changed....

Plenty of stories of guys at the 'old gravel pit' with modified guns, cop rolls up...takes the gun, and them away...

It's not worth it...seriously, if you want to get the 'machine gun' thing out of your system..go to one of those gun ranges where you can rent them..

Make a deal, buy 5000 rds, rent it for the morning...lot's of fun...and it will save you $10k, all the hassle..

Or make friends with some of the SOT FFLs and go to a shoot when they bring their toys. I have found that most of them are more than willing to let you shoot their toys, especially if you bring your own ammo! :p

But you can make an AR full auto without the sear right? and its alot cheaper? So i was just confused as to why anyone would want to pay so much for a sear when theres cheaper alternatives.

I mean couldnt someone buy the full auto parts for a lower, and do the paperwork and make it legal without paying anywhere near as much as buying a sear?

No, because of Ronald Reagan banning future builds and imports in 1986.. link is above. No new machine guns can be imported or manufactured

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top