Finally.... (I say that loosely) after working on and playing with a number of builds, I suffered the inevitable!... Broken trigger guard ears!! I usually have the technique down and smooth as butter... but i used a DPMS parts kit for the first time and it was a little snug, despite being gentle it just cracked the ear off! Gutted! I finally decided to carefully remove it and the other side, file it down smooth and paint over it. I then looked at possible solutions..... dum dum duuuuummm The beautiful Sparks SE-1!! ;o) I was a little skeptical at first, but i ordered one all the same and i have to be honest it feels really ergonomically pleasing! It has a very nice matte rubberized texture that is very tactile and comfortable, the additional storage compartment is handy too. So for all the reviews i read regarding its looks, how people couldn't stand it etc... I am actually surprised at how much i like it in the flesh!