JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well the 40 came back yesterday and I got a call from fed ex at 5:21 this morning that they had the MP-15 and would deliver it tomorrow morning.. They sent a "memo" type of thing with the 40 describing what work was performed. Hopefully the send the same info with the MP-15.

On the 40 they replaced the extractor and "modified" the barrel. It looks like they polished the feed ramp and chamber to me... Works good again though. Put 3 mags through it as soon as I unwrapped it.

Well the MP-15 came back today. The letter they sent back with it says all they did was replace the ejector. I know they did something to the chamber cause I put 60 rounds through it today with no failures. Ive never experienced that with this gun. Its still leaving slight marks on the cases so I'm gonna go put a bunch of rounds through it tomorrow and see how it does.

Im not real happy about the vague BS letter. I think it varys between technicians. The one I got for my 40 even included cleaning and range testing. Im not real happy that Its still leaving marks on the brass either.. As long as it functions is all they care about. I know I was a lot happier with the service involving the 40 than the MP-15 and if that was my business I wouldnt leave my reputation balancing on the shoulders of a gunsmith or tech with no customer service skills and an inability to be honest on paper about the work they did on a certain firearm.

Oh well. Ill go shoot the P!$$ out of it tomorrow and see how it does. If it duplicates symptoms Ill tell them a little of what I think of the person that worked on it when I ask for my refund... Hopefully It runs good though!

How did the brass look on the 60 rounds you ran thru it?

If you look at the pic I posted before of the cases the one second to the right is what all the cases from yesterday look like. Thats also what they looked like when the gun was clean before shipping it back for fixing. Before the marks would get worse very quickly. Now they are consistent through all 60 rounds.

Its still leaving slight marks on the cases so I'm gonna go put a bunch of rounds through it tomorrow and see how it does.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Im not real happy that Its still leaving marks on the brass either.. As long as it functions is all they care about.

If it functions properly, they've fulfilled their "promise" that went with the weapon they sold.

Remember, a firearm manufacturer doesn't even recognize reloading as a safe practice so they could care less about any "marks" on ejected cases. If you put ammo in, pull the trigger, and the weapon operates as described, they've done their job.

You may not like the marks because you like to reload the used cases but carefully read the documentation that came with the firearm and the warranty. I seriously doubt that there is any claim that the weapon won't ding, dent, or scratch cases.

If it works and does so reliably and in a safe manner, the rest is unimportant -------To Them.

Unless you buy a "Custom" with pristine ejected brass as a parameter, you're "whizzing in the wind".

Glad S&W were able to 'fixed' your rifle... too bad they didn't really take the time to make it right. Customer Service seems to be a dying art.

I've only had good experiences with S & W and this is not good to hear. To this day my gal packs their .38 and .357 revolvers and she loves them

I've only had good experiences with S & W and this is not good to hear. To this day my gal packs their .38 and .357 revolvers and she loves them

Ive had my 40 since I was 15. My dad bought it for me. It was my first S&W and I love it and have bought many more of their products because of that original experience. This was my first 2 experiences with their warranty department.

I was really happy with the service involving the 40. They sent me a letter saying they had received it and that it was in line to be looked at and it usually takes 3-4 weeks from the point they send that letter to get the gun back to the customer. I got the pistol back 5 days after I got that letter. In the box was another letter saying what had been done to the gun right down to test firing it and everything. Great service in my opinion.

The MP-15 I didnt hear squat from them till fed ex called saying they were going to deliver it and they needed an adult signature when they dropped it off. The letter in the box said they replaced the ejector and thats it... I sent a fairly detailed letter in with the gun and it didnt say a dang thing about ejection problems. It said what the problem was which you guys already know about. Bad service in my opinion...lol

I dont know if they have different factorys or what?

Im not real concerned about the marks on the brass except that before warranty service they got worse quick and the gun would start jamming within 30 rounds. I didnt get to shoot it much today cause I broke the primer indexing arm on my progressive press. So I spent most of the day resizing, depriming and priming brass on a single stage. I got a few hundred loaded for tomorrow though. We'll see how it does. As long as its reliable I will be happy. It already jammed once today though. 87 rounds after having it serviced. Same as before but even harder to get the live round out of the chamber...

The marks on the brass indicate a bad chamber. It may work fine now, but what about later,. and in a dire situation, worn and dirty?

Exactly my thoughts. Im thinking Im gonna put some rounds down range tomorrow and its gonna start to fail more the dirtier it gets. Then I will have a good evaluation of its performance and be able to better present my reasons for a new barrel or a refund to S&W. It sucks having to screw around with it like this. Ive missed out on a training event that I paid for cause of it and everything. Ill get to attend another weekend some time but its the principals...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top