JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
first off let me say I am knowledgeable about rifles. but my AR knowledge is limited therefore i'm probably gonna be asking a few stupid questions.
I recently purchased a new Bushmaster QRC .223 with a red dot sight on it.
I was wanting to put a vertical foregrip on it but it does not come with a rail.
I was looking at a AIM Sports Inc Rifle-Length AR Free Float Quad Rail- V3 with a Bushmaster Short Vertical Forward Grip. are those compatible for the rifle? If not any help would be appreciated.
also, i found one on opticsplanet for 39 that says it fits my bushmaster perfectly. shouldi just go with that one. it is a aim sports m4 handguard qual rail carbine length MT021.

Last Edited:
http://aimsportsinc.com/free-float/119-free-float-rifle-length-quad-rail.html
12" Free Float Quad Rail

Model MT062

Condition New

The Rifle Length Free Float Quad Rail is a 1-piece free float handguard for the AR-15 platform. The quad rail design offers plenty of picatinny rail to mount accessories. The T-marked rails allow accessories to be removed and replaced with ease and ensures consistent replacement. A continuous top rail provides a monolithic look with a standard flat-top receiver.

Length 12.625"
Weight 14.3 oz.
  • Black anodized aircraft grade aluminum
  • T-marked rails Accepts all standard Weaver / Picatinny 1913 accessories
  • Compatible with most carbine length direct impingement gas systems
  • One piece design, includes barrel nut for mounting
  • No gap for monolithic rail look
  • Mounts over low profile gas blocks
  • 100807.jpg
  • That bayonet lug may pose a problem. I'd just add a $10 rail kit

Last Edited:
http://aimsportsinc.com/free-float/119-free-float-rifle-length-quad-rail.html
12" Free Float Quad Rail

Model MT062

Condition New

The Rifle Length Free Float Quad Rail is a 1-piece free float handguard for the AR-15 platform. The quad rail design offers plenty of picatinny rail to mount accessories. The T-marked rails allow accessories to be removed and replaced with ease and ensures consistent replacement. A continuous top rail provides a monolithic look with a standard flat-top receiver.

Length 12.625"
Weight 14.3 oz.
  • Black anodized aircraft grade aluminum
  • T-marked rails Accepts all standard Weaver / Picatinny 1913 accessories
  • Compatible with most carbine length direct impingement gas systems
  • One piece design, includes barrel nut for mounting
  • No gap for monolithic rail look
  • Mounts over low profile gas blocks
  • View attachment 276279
  • That bayonet lug may pose a problem. I'd just add a $10 rail kit

Trip to Tobie's 103.JPG
sorry, wrong pic ken July 006.JPG rail kit installed

Last Edited:
Daniel Defense Omega 7" is the only free float handguard you'd be able to use without any modifications... Not cheap. Unless you actually want a free float handguard, just follow what everyone else says and get a rail for the handguard you already have. Cheaper, and for the most part less work.

What am I missing here? Can't he just install a drop in rail? they are not very expensive for what he wants to achieve. Sure he can go with a floating one but that is expensive requires barrel removal when a rail like I suggested even if does not want mine there are plenty under $50 . A floating rail makes very little difference on a carbine in accuracy .They are nice to have I have some on some of mine but off the bench I see NO difference at 100 yards. and thats testing before and after with the same barrel.

if you want to stick with the original handgaurds I have the rail that attaches to them that are listed at the above links at $24 - $28 for $19 shipped.

Daniel Defense Omega 7" is the only free float handguard you'd be able to use without any modifications... Not cheap. Unless you actually want a free float handguard, just follow what everyone else says and get a rail for the handguard you already have. Cheaper, and for the most part less work.

That's not correct there are other rails on the market that will drop in without modifications not all of them will actually float it but some come pretty darn close as the tighten onto the existing barrel nut and most of the cost a lot less than the omega

That's not correct there are many rails on the market that will drop in without modifications not all of them will actually float it but some come pretty darn close as the tighten onto the existing barrel nut and most of the cost a lot less than the omega
Didn't say rail, said free float handguard. Unless there's another free float handguard that requires zero modifications.

technically yes it is a hand guard. but its common to call them rails since they have rails so a railed hand guard , quad rail or quad rail hand guard how about that. :cool:

to the op this is another option if you can find one i forgot what they are called or who made them but they are a grip that attaches directly to the hand guard

IMG_1948_zps3c7b7784.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top