JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, my dream anyway.

Ive combined my love of metal, wood and old school A2 AR15s into this amazing piece.

This was my first, 'no punches pulled' build. I made it exactly how I envisioned... and blew most of my tax return to make it happen!

I built this piece by piece, pin by pin, spring by spring... nothing arrived pre-assembled. I havent fired it yet, but I am pretty full of myself at the moment.

DPMS upper, Anderson lower, Wilson 223 Wylde 20" match grade heavy barrel, Phantom muzzle brake, new leather sling, Boyds Nutmeg Laminate stock set, custom dust cover
Im thinking a nice M7 Bayonet would round it off nicely.

ar1.jpg ar2.jpg ar3.jpg ar4.jpg ar5.jpg ar6.jpg ar7.jpg

Nice job. Love that laminated woodstock. I have buddy in Vancouver built a woodstock
AR with a little different stock. Now he is considering having the upper/lower
refinished in a silver or chrome to set off the wood. He wants to keep the controls black.
Something to think about.

Beautiful work, to be sure. I worry about how hot that beautiful handguard will get. Did you put any metal heat shielding in it? Maybe it's too pretty to shoot....I could understand that, too.

Like I said - beautiful work, nicely done...!!

I'll see. It's vented on three sides and its a pretty heavy barrel. I figure it will not run a hot as an AK.

Wood fit up very nice. I had my doubts about the functionality of the wood but never saw any bad reviews except for people not looking the idea of wood on the AR.
Also, I could not find a used set anywhere so that tells me that people who buy them must like it enough to keep them.

I'll try to take it out this weekend

Its a lot nicer than I anticipated. Ive only ever seen these builds online, never in person.

I would have loved to get the high end walnut stocks but theyre $300... The Boyds laminate stocks were a gamble as Id not seen any review on them... but it does feel really good. It feels right, like this is how the AR was meant to be stocked.

Id gone around so much with the tactical overload with the AR, now its time to bring back Tacticlassy;)

Tacticlassy. I like it.

Yeah, the "tacticool" of ARs really doesn't do it for me. Every gun I own has wood on it; the plastic just doesn't do it. I've been considering actually buying an AR, rather than just shooting my friend's gun once in a while, and if I do, I might have to do this. It really does look good. You should give us a range report for how it feels shooting it when you take it out.

I definitely will.

Go for the wood! The Boyds sets come in Brown (mine), a black/grey laminate and a greenish 'camo' laminate... theyre available in Carbine, Mid and Rifle length for about $180/shipped. These all require the round cap NOT the triangle... which I found out the hard way.

Brownells has the Lucid sets in brown & camo laminate and a walnut set... but theyve been out of stock for a while.

I have to say that I am really impressed with the Boyds stocks. Theyll definitely be my first look when I am restocking another gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top