JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe.

Did you try turning the rifle on its side, pulling back the delta ring with both hands while tapping the handguard on the side of the workbench?

It should pop loose quite easily

I just got a delta ring removal tool.
Everything on this upper is dry and stuck together real tight, hence my question.
I did get the hand guard off but want to know if it will be easier, with lube.
When the rail arrives, I will complete my .22 conversion.
The rail will allow me to use folding sights, as it doesn't have a front sight.

I just got a delta ring removal tool.
Everything on this upper is dry and stuck together real tight, hence my question.
I did get the hand guard off but want to know if it will be easier, with lube.
When the rail arrives, I will complete my .22 conversion.
The rail will allow me to use folding sights, as it doesn't have a front sight.
I use a bit of lube to prevent gauling, but need to be careful to not over torque when re-installing.

I can't get the rail to fit into the cap and delta ring.
Does the gas block need to be loosened and slid forward, prior to inserting the rail?
It's an AR-Stoner optics ready upper.

Ask and yee shall receive.

Empty weapon. Remove mag. Eye ball chamber. Sit or squat. Place butt stock on your knee. Muzzle up. Grab that pesky delta ring, (or flat ring) with your thumb and first finger. Place the other such fingers over top. Use both hands. Push down hard using your body weight. Rock the ring hard.

If and when the delta ring snaps lose push one side down hard and slip it over the hand guards where they meet. The joint or seam. Catch the delta ring there. Then slowly rock down the delta ring trapping more and more of the ring compressed over the hand guards. Then remove the hand guards.

Don't try to just push down the entire delta ring. Just push down on rock or slight turn at a time. The average guy can push down over 100 pounds and have at least 200 pounds of grip strength using both hands hard. There is a nack to getting the feel of the ring rotation. This defeats tight rings.

Hope this helps some.

hundreds of AR15 builds.

Your do not need a firm surface. Your knee works just fine. We did barrel changes in the field in under 5 minutes using just our bodies, a barrel wrench, a breaking bar and four strong hands. At gun shows people would show up at our tables with a home built AR with stuck slip rings they could not remove. We showed them how using the trick. They were amazed.

Not rocket science. Just repetitive practice. You can do it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top