JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I recommend that you visit AR15.com or MidwayUSA.com and check out their Build an AR section. Then check out Palmetto State Armory for the upper parts. You can get an upper parts kit from places like Brownells but it's way cheaper to buy the parts at PSA. For your first build I usually recommend that you go with an assembled upper, but you may be able to save a few bucks building it yourself.

5.56/223 AR-15 Upper Assembly

their prices are hard to beat right now, excellent quality and service. They have uppers in most of the popular calibers too...

Product Details: 16" 556 M4 Mel 1/9 Tactical 10" Quad Rail Upper
complete upper for $189
286201612291214pm6.8spc.jpg

PSA is great for me. I got a deal on special and I LOVE it.

Btw I highly recommend keymod front ends over the quad rails. You have no idea how much easier it is to hold a keymod for a long time than a quad rail

Wow, you could probably build a $400 AR with that. Not going to tell you what I spent on my last build...
I really want to get one of their 6.5 Grendel options, either a complete upper or complete rifle I cant find a better price and with the quality.

When using ladder style rail covers the grip isn't increased by a significant amount. However keymod sill still be slimmer, and depending on the handguards being compared lighter.

Go with PSA, they tend to have good prices (if its in stock that is). They are known to ship slow, but not always. Never had slow shipping from them, and others have also gotten their stuff pretty quick.

I got Radical Firearms upper with a 15" slim Key mod rail. I haven't fired it yet. My only minor complaint is the edges are a little sharp compared to other rails. Beyond that the fitment to the Anderson lower is very tight. No wobbling or light between the two parts.

I'm another vote for PSA. Watch their daily deals after you have done a bit of research and decide exactly what your needs really are. Try not to get too distracted by all the cool-guy stuff right off the bat or your budget build can get un-budget in a hurry.
PSA shipping times vary quite a bit. I've seen orders take anywhere from a week to almost a month. The thing to be aware of is that they put together lots of different combination deals and some can sell out quick so if you see the right package don't wait too long to order or it'll be gone. The good news is, if you wait a couple days a new deal comes along and you for get all about the first one.
Enjoy the build!

Any one here ever deal with these guys? They're local.
Uppers – Grey Area Tactical Distribution

Talked to them at a show once when I was a total "Newb" with a bunch of dumb questions and they were very nice. And their barrels have polygonal rifling, which I know is a good thing in a hand gun, but with 5.56/.223?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top