JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought my first AR15 around 2010/11. You could trip over them at a gun shop because there were so many makers. My 1st was a Windhams Weaponry for about $750. But for $50 either way there were a ton of options.

These days it seems like fewer options for factory rifles but more options to roll your own. Obviously ups and downs in the last ten years. It seems like there maybe ten or less major manufacturers of complete rifles in current times.

I bought my first one in 1996 or 7. There were only three choices....Colt, Bushmaster and Olympic Arms. I bought a Bushmaster. I paid $799 for it back then.

I bought my first AR15 around 2010/11. You could trip over them at a gun shop because there were so many makers. My 1st was a Windhams Weaponry for about $750. But for $50 either way there were a ton of options.

These days it seems like fewer options for factory rifles but more options to roll your own. Obviously ups and downs in the last ten years. It seems like there maybe ten or less major manufacturers of complete rifles in current times.
There are quite a few companies producing complete ARs. I would guess dozens.

I bought my first one in 1996 or 7. There were only three choices....Colt, Bushmaster and Olympic Arms. I bought a Bushmaster. I paid $799 for it back then.
I remember the AR ABC's...Armalite, Bushmaster and Colt.

Not sure where you're looking @nwslopoke but there are more companies selling ARs than ever, most of which I wouldn't touch with a 10' pole.

Today is the day of the small guys, BCM being the biggest, then there is SIONICS, SOLGW, Centurion Arms is where I'd be looking if I wanted to buy a duty grade AR.

Presented in no particular order, here are 25 that are still actively producing and selling complete rifles:

Daniel Defense
Lewis Machine and Tool
Knights Armament Company
Heckler & Koch
Geissele Automatics
Springfield
Ruger
Smith and Wesson
JP Enterprises
Aero Precision
Palmetto State Armory
Sig Sauer
Rock River Arms
Larue Tactical
Noveske
Land Warfare Research Center
FN Herstal
Mossberg
Stag Arms
Olympic Arms
Ranier Arms
Windham Armory
Spike's Tactical
Bravo Company Manufacturing

I'm sure I've forgotten a couple of other large companies, there are countless boutique shops spinning custom rifles, and of course there are also hordes of knock-off "manufacturers" selling garbage.

Last Edited:
Presented in no particular order, here are 25 that are still actively producing and selling complete rifles:

Daniel Defense
Lewis Machine and Tool
Knights Armament Company
Heckler & Koch
Geissele Automatics
Springfield
Ruger
Smith and Wesson
JP Enterprises
Aero Precision
Palmetto State Armory
Sig Sauer
Rock River Arms
Larue Tactical
Noveske
Land Warfare Research Center
FN Herstal
Mossberg
Stag Arms
Olympic Arms
Ranier Arms
Windham Armory
Spike's Tactical
Bravo Company Manufacturing

I'm sure I've forgotten a couple of other large companies, there are countless boutique shops spinning custom rifles, and of course there are also hordes of knock-off "manufacturers" selling garbage.
Good luck actually making a purchase from a few of those. Government contracts being their priority. Good list, I was thinking more like what you can walk in and buy.

Good luck actually making a purchase from a few of those. Government contracts being their priority. Good list, I was thinking more like what you can walk in and buy.
I guess I misunderstood your comments. I thought you were talking about a lack of complete rifle manufacturers in the broader market, not immediate availability. There definitely are shortages from a couple of manufacturers that are struggling just to meet their contractual obligations.

But many of them have a lot of inventory available, including some excellent ones like Daniel Defense and LWRC.

I think they are done. Limpin' along on parts only, maybe.
Yep, looks like my info was a bit outdated on them. So I guess it's a list of 24 manufacturers.

Walk in and buy?
Try J&G in Beaverton. Also look for M&K Tactical in Hillsboro. Cut Above had a few on their shelf last time I was in.
You couldn't find any for a while. I see more and more now.

I believe Olympic Arms stopped manufacturing (closed ?) in 2015. I remember looking at their list of tooling for sale. That was my first AR in ~2008, for $750. Apparently it was one of the good ones, because it has and still does serve and shoot well.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top