Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

ar15.com

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ikari2_2000, Nov 12, 2010.

1. ikari2_2000

ikari2_2000 Seattle, WA Member

Is it me or is that site not user friendly? I'm trying to navigate ads, search for user's feedback, and sell my own stuff. Such a pain to use.

2. Demasoni

Demasoni Eugene, Oregon Member

I would have to agree with you on that, but on the upside you can find good deals sometimes.

3. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

The site looks and functions like its designer is a mentally deficient alcoholic who failed his 4 week beginner website class at his local community college.

Lucky for him, he got a great domain name.
    With a great domain name, even a horrible site can thrive.

4. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Yep, it's a pain. Also it seems to have a higher than average drama level for some reason. ¯\(°_o)/¯

Usually I only go there if I have a question about a particular product because they are all a bunch of geardos there who own every type of AR accessory ever and a lot of manufacturers have representatives who browse the forum too. For example, if I asked a question about the Canadian version of the peq-2 here (foreign IR lasers are not FDA regulated), the thread would probably never have a single reply.

5. Outrider

Outrider Oregon Active Member

The site is a bit easier to use if you have a paying membership. The search function for non-paying members is intentionally limited to encourage people to pay for improved user features.

The feedback is something they have been playing around with for a while. A year or two ago, they tried to change the Equipment Exchange. They introduced a new version where the feedback score was listed by the user's screen name. The story I heard was that any existing feedback score was at some point supposed to be migrated into the new system. With thousands of members that was going to be a pain.

The new Equipment Exchange ended up becoming the Classifieds and I have never seen what was going to be the new improved feedback system.

6. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

On a related note, the site is now administrated by Rube Goldberg.

7. Outrider

Outrider Oregon Active Member

They definitely have some work ahead of them to fix things up and make the site more streamlined. Their size probably makes any change hard to implement.

8. YFZsandrider

YFZsandrider Tacoma, Wa Member

9. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

yup, i use this forum as well.

AR15.com is just for browsing. not a member.