JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll try the 5.56 mags with less 6.8 in them and if I they don't work and I decide I need other than hunting/range capacity,then I'll start hunting for the 6.8 mags.But until I have lots more brass,I won't be shooting this as much as the 5.56 anyway

I like my .458:)

003.jpg

These went through 18" of wet phone book @ 100 yards.

004-10.jpg

005-6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have these little neon dots to color code my guns so the mags don't get mixed up.
Some day I may even put them on

I need to rethink my methods and do something to Id mags. Last time at the range I had a complete AR in 5.56 and another in 6.8 spc. After shooting both a couple of times I picked up my 6.8 to finish dialing in an adjustable gas block with my hunting load. I reached in my range bag and grabbed a 10rd PRI mag that I had loaded with my hunting loads. Banged it home in the magwell, released the bolt and settled down behind the rifle to send a round downrange. Pulled the trigger and what I thought was a squib reload resulted. The action was halfway out of battery and when I manually racked the action, I ejected a very mishapen casing .Oops, turns out I grabbed a 5.56 10 rounder I didn't know I even brought along. Thank god for good brass, that 5.56 round must have started to eject as it was expanding. I will try and post a picture of the casing if I can find it. Be careful out there!

I have a few different types of mags when I can just for this reason.

Most AR's = 30rd black P-mag
.300 Whisper = 20rd OD P-mag (gun has OD stock, grip, rail covers)
Target AR = 20rd USGI
9mm AR = 33rd Glock mag
.22 mag fed takes BDM mags
.22 belt fed takes belts

One of my only "scary" combo guns is my Glock 9mm and .40. All my .40 mags have blue "pin striping" on the mags and the .40 gun has the back plate on the slide replaced with a blue one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top