JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Washington defines machine guns different.

Washington law
(18) "Machine gun" means any firearm known as a machine gun, mechanical rifle, submachine gun, or any other mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot and having a reservoir clip, disc, drum, belt, or other separable mechanical device for storing, carrying, or supplying ammunition which can be loaded into the firearm, mechanism, or instrument, and fired therefrom at the rate of five or more shots per second.

US Law
The term "machinegun" means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, and any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.

See bold.

Added WA law to show contrast.

Last Edited:
Love to hear that for WA. Yeah reading about them and how the second round is fired by the "action of releasing the trigger" means it technically isn't full auto

Love to hear that for WA. Yeah reading about them and how the second round is fired by the "action of releasing the trigger" means it technically isn't full auto

In case that wasn't sarcasm, as pointed out above, in WA, they are full auto and prohibited. That's why the different terminology is important, instead of "single function of the trigger" we have "or any other mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot" and so in WA, firing by releasing the trigger means it fires when the trigger is NOT pressed and falls under the full auto prohibition.

If you can legally own one I think you should go for it.
Variety is the spice of life, it's interesting and different.
I don't think it's better than a good trigger (Geissele, etc) but IF you already have good triggers and you want something fun and different, go for it.
It's arguably a waste and I'm way more accurate with a normal trigger but it's pretty darn fun if you aren't afraid to burn through a mag real quick.
Gets expensive but you didn't ask about cheaper hobbies.

I have a Franklin binary in a 7.5" AR pistol. I throw a .22lr conversion in it and it is really fun to shoot. 1st timers love it with the .22lr conversion. I don't think it is practical, but for a cheap (or expensive if you shoot 5.56 in it now) range/forest toy I love it.

Use a Franklin Armory with a CMMG 22lr conversion in an AR pistol and it runs without issue.

The CMMG bolt conversion is what I use as well, and it runs as well as any .22LR would be expected to. Also 50 round drums are a thing for the CMMG conversion. You will find that 25 rounds goes pretty fast on binary.

So your shopping list looks like this:

Franklin Armory BFSIII
CMMG .22LR adapter bolt with extra 25 round magazines
Black Dog Machine Conversion 22LR 50 round drum
McFaden Lightnin' Grip Loader (trust me on this)
McFaden AR15-22 adapter
500 rounds of .22LR and a place to shoot
FUN!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR