JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
. gawd, GIMME ADVIL AND WHISKY!! :confused:
Believe me when I say you'll need something stronger than that puny cocktail to get rid of a Migraine...Man.:s0037:

especially one triggered by a hubris driven narcissist like Nutn..
I watch him anyway... his views on many things parallel my own.
too much time on my hands!

I would contact manufacturers. My home built was very snug. Didnt need shims or any of that other stuff. I'm also not shooting to the far edges of the calibers range, so I suppose it's not as bogbofba deal to me

Respectfully ...

Shimming the barrel extension? WTF? I would quickly fire such a builder. Horrible idea. If the slop is that bad do not do the build. You can polish the extension via the lathe method I already discussed to SLIGHTLY REDUCE dimensions for a very tight fit ... but you DO NOT SHIM to increase dimensions . Sorry. I gotta call this one ... BS.

Respectfully.

hundreds of builds. uncounted rebuilds.

Ive TRIED to pull a barrel extension off before and found it glued on with rocksett. Ever tried to remove anything rocketted on? Good F'n luck.

Problem is that the front sight base ( if you are using that ) is lined up after extension torque. That and the gas port are drilled at the same time. It might be right after toqueing, It might not be.

Good barrel are cheap any more. I wouldnt mess with the Larue. Ive bought a few of their items over the years and I wouldnt buy their barrels. ACOG risers sure.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top