JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So after switching back to a red dot for my "life and liberty" Ar, I find myself in the market for some kind of back up sight again. In the past I've used the magpul polymer ones and they worked alright for the price, but I think I want to graduate to something a little nicer.

So far I've been looking at Midwest Industries, Troy, Aero Precision, and the Magpul mbuis Pro's.
Whats everyones favorite?

Troy is good stuff, watch out for counterfeits though. Midwest looks nice but I've never used them.

please don't buy magpul "pro". Please.

The bobro's look nice, but if I was gonna spend that much I would be looking at the Kac micros. I've heard the magpul pro's have had durability issues and that the aero's don't lock in the upward position.

Thanks but looking for slimmer and less expensive.....

there isn't anything slimmer...

Bobro-Engineering-Lowrider-Sights-3a.jpg Bobro-LowRider-Sights-Folded-300x169.jpg download.jpg

I have good luck with the Diamondhead Sights.

Front sight options: Front Sights
Rear sight options: Rear Sights

They offer Aluminium and Polymer thus appealing to both budget options.
They offer an HK Styled front sight, an M4 styled front sight, and their own proprietary design.

I went with several sets of the Integrated Sighting system, so my flat top ARs are all the same.

+1 for Diamondhead--my only real gripe with them is that don't do fixed sights or FSB's, since I don't like folders on CQB builds.

They don't lock up but do have VERY powerful springs so it takes work to get 'em to go down.

Are they going to be for backup or co-witness with your red dot? I do lower 1/3 co-withness with mine, and I usually end up leaving the buis down. I have magpul, FAB, and Diamondhead.. all polymer. I tolerate the Magpuls, and I like the FABs, but I really like the Diamondhead's. The photo luminous inserts are nice and the sight picture is great. The only set I have is FDE and I may have to build a rifle with FDE furniture just so I have something to put them on. I got them on sale for $40 during the christmas steals.
D19F6872-6DA8-4E02-A4F3-2B01F21C2718-188-00000017B8237A18_tmp.jpg

Are they going to be for backup or co-witness with your red dot? I do lower 1/3 co-withness with mine, and I usually end up leaving the buis down. I have magpul, FAB, and Diamondhead.. all polymer. I tolerate the Magpuls, and I like the FABs, but I really like the Diamondhead's. The photo luminous inserts are nice and the sight picture is great. The only set I have is FDE and I may have to build a rifle with FDE furniture just so I have something to put them on. I got them on sale for $40 during the christmas steals.
View attachment 419714
If you wanna sell those fde diamond heads let me know, they'll be used for back ups on an fde ar. the mount I have for my mro is absolute co witness but I plan on leaving the sights down unless something happens to the optic.

I like Troy's, Aero's and Magpul MBUS. I too prefer the HK style, hooded front sight.

Palmetto State Armory has black Magpul MBUS, front and rear sight sets for $49.99, shipped right now (while supplies last, through Jan 10). This is the same price as their Black Friday sale price; lowest I've ever seen a for set of genuine MBUS sights. Can't beat the features, quality or price for a set of "back up" sights!

Tread with caution buying from PSA, the credit card/billing services they use has been known to leak/be hacked and have credit card information compromised. Use a "one-time-use" /virtual credit card number if your credit card company offers it to safeguard yourself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top