JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Love to see your pistols, hear your stories and learn from your experiences.

Never took these that serious till I built one for fun.

Started reloading and testing combos of powder and projo to see what works for short barrels.

After quite some time at the reloading bench, shooting bench and chrono I have been converted to a big fan of the platform. Serious medicine inside 200 yards, super accurate and very handy

IMG_0342_zpsf45804d9.jpg IMG_0343_zps78985556.jpg IMG_0346_zps971c213f.jpg IMG_0362_zps02c62b1a.jpg IMG_0377_zps8b65cc1b.jpg imagejpg2_zps060cbdd3.jpg imagejpg2_zps470db787.jpg IMG_0004_zpscf1918d3.jpg IMG_0017_zps20676d21.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg IMG_0049_zps3zqk1je0.jpg imagejpg1_zpsb4553b9a.jpg

Last Edited:
My two Zastava pistols and what used to be a draco pistol (now turned SBR)

Im on the fence about selling the M85PV but until I get an AR pistol she'll be my 5.56 AK pistol.

I sold my other draco back in the day and regretted it after I SBR'd my other
(SBRs are a travel hassle) so when the M92s hit the scene I went out and got me one!

EVERYONE should own a AR or AK pistol..
They arent practical but hot damn are they fun.

image.jpg

I had a friend who ran around with a Draco, put a big smile on your face every time.

I would totally go to my pistol in 100 yards or less no question....these things are mean

If I could only have one...It wouldn't be the one but I had to think about it. With the right ammo its wicked in the tight woods

The first AR pistol I made was a 7.5" 5.56. It had a few minor issues, that I dealt with. First was the gas block. Was never really able to get the first one tight enough. The second one worked better. Also added KNS anti rotation kit as it seemed to rattle those things loose. Really was never happy with the accuracy.
Never owned an AK, but fired one many times. Same about the accuracy. The last one I built is a whole other world. 10.5" 5.56, with a carbine gas system. This thing is a dead nuts tack driver. Super happy with it. It is amazing what 3" of extra barrel can do. (I know, that's what she said lol)
pistol2.jpg

image.jpg

I am a fan of the "longer" pistol as well. This is a BCM 11.5" CHF W/carbine gas system and KMR rail. It also has the Gen III Law Tactical folder.

I plan on leaving this lower as is but I also have a SBR lower in the works with the MVB ARC CQB/PDW stock to swap the upper to when I want a rifle config.

Witch AK pistol is better the Draco or Zastava?
Be thinking about picking one up.

Pros of the Draco (standard not mini)
Fits Standard stamped ak forearms
Chrome lined barrel
Rear sight leaf (fits scout mounts)
Standard 14x1L threads (common)

However the M92 is cheaper.
No chrome lined barrel (unless its the M85)
Cant lose the sights, hinged top cover is a plus
No PG nut to worry about (riveted on)
Seemigly thicker barrel
Odd 26mm threads
Spare Wood forearms non existant, however there are a few forearm replacement options.
New parts hitting the market all the time.

Its a toss up.
I like the M92 a bit more than the draco. It just seems more robust.

However the Draco has more customizable options, but that is changing with all the new products coming out for the M92/M85 pattern pistols.

Fun thread. I would love both an AR and AK pistol. An AR pistol is definitely on my 'to do' list. I just have to decide if I want to do a shorter or longer barreled version. Each seems to have it's positives, I just need to decide.

Love looking (drooling) over the photos here though.

ZA - I've watched that pistol you've had up for sale, it's crossed my mind more than once to try and make it happen, just don't want to lose my G21 Gen4 in the process...plus I don't have the extra cash, so there's that too :oops:

FYI
I have the Phase 5 Hex 2 SIG brace buffer tube on 2 pistols.

The OD of the tube is 2.223 and it provides a good tight fit 500 rds and no movement at ALL!

It also gives a better length for a better fit. And cannot say enuff great thing about the Phase 5 BAD lever the EBR V2 WAY BETTER THAN THE MAGPUL.

And the Troy claymore flash surpressor works great on my 7 inch.

20150514_183902.jpg 20150514_184104.jpg 20150514_184104.jpg 20150514_183902.jpg

FYI
I have the Phase 5 Hex 2 SIG brace buffer tube on 2 pistols.

The OD of the tube is 2.223 and it provides a good tight fit 500 rds and no movement at ALL!

It also gives a better length for a better fit. And cannot say enuff great thing about the Phase 5 BAD lever the EBR V2 WAY BETTER THAN THE MAGPUL.

And the Troy claymore flash surpressor works great on my 7 inch.

View attachment 244238View attachment 244239 View attachment 244239 View attachment 244238
man thats a tight package, nice job.

I was going to go with a Claymore or some other linear but in the end I didnt have the calculations right on barrel length vs handguard....handguards are almost never the exact length they say
and I would have been just right with a liear, as it is my set up was over gassed with the Krink/booster style muzzle device, so after a bunch of combos I ended up having to go with an H3 buffer and a Wolff XP spring.
That slowed down the carrier

Fun thread. I would love both an AR and AK pistol. An AR pistol is definitely on my 'to do' list. I just have to decide if I want to do a shorter or longer barreled version.
thats tough. I went with an 8" and am happy with it but I have realistic expectations from it.
I am a ballistic junky avid reloder type. The 8" left me impressed and with "peppy" loads its actually not bad on the defensive side.
556 NATO speed ammo works good , my reloads are NATO speed in most my different projo grains and on paper the data is similar to 357 mag shot through 16".....like a leaver action platform in 357.
So if those ballistics dont bother you then a shorter barrel would probably make you happy
And really once you go beyond 11 inches it dosent take long to lose the handiness in length and you might as well grab a 16" with a collapsible stock.
I say if you have a carbine or better AR go 10.5 or less for your short gun just my .02

Thanks
I will share pics of my 10.5 inch when done. It still needs the EBR V2, troy claymore. SIG brace and Troy enhanced trigger guard. And they both still need the SSA-E triggers.
Have one in my Ruger and Love it!

The OP has a sweet set up!!

Thanks
I will share pics of my 10.5 inch when done. It still needs the EBR V2, troy claymore. SIG brace and Troy enhanced trigger guard. And they both still need the SSA-E triggers.
Have one in my Ruger and Love it!

The OP has a sweet set up!!
thanks

Have you seen the new Griffin Armament linear....sweet as most Griffin stuff . was going with that too but again the three little ports they put on the top would have been under my hand guard ....ouch

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Griffin_Armament_M4SD_Linear_Comp_5_56_XHP556LC_p/ga-xhp556lc.htm

thanks

Have you seen the new Griffin Armament linear....sweet as most Griffin stuff . was going with that too but again the three little ports they put on the top would have been under my hand guard ....ouch

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Griffin_Armament_M4SD_Linear_Comp_5_56_XHP556LC_p/ga-xhp556lc.htm

I couldn't see the top holes in the pictures. .. I'm pretty happy with the claymore, shot at an indoor range with the lighting lowered and it worked great with the 556 and 222 ammo I had.

So will be getting another.