Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

AR15 .35cal Upper

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Capn Jack, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Did the .35 Gremlin, or .35 Grenel ever gain commercial acceptance as a cartridge for the AR15?:huh: I was reading some old Wildcat WEB Site entrys, but didn't find anything current. The main problem seemed to be (Same old crap) :( Magazines.

2. kirkcdl

kirkcdl Roseburg,ORYGUN Member

Do you mean 6.5 Grendel?Yes...

3. Capn Jack

Negative. These were made from 6.5 Grendel, or 7.62x39 Brass:thumbup:

GremlinPhoto2.jpg

4. Will_Power

Will_Power OR via OK Active Member

Sorry to drag up an old, old thread guys, but I thought it made better sense than just posting something new.

I stumbled onto the .358 Gremlin concept and have been doing a bit of Googling to read more about it. But, is it basically a theoretical-only cartridge that never, ever got even started? No AR barrels or uppers to be purchased?

5. Capn Jack

Yeah, I thought it was cool too, especially since I already had a 7.62x39 and a .223
    I followed it for a while, but it never seemed to go "Mainstream".:confused:

I ended up buying a .458 Socom from RRA and after a few teething problems, mainly reloading dies, I'm quite happy with it.:thumbup:

Jack...:cool: