JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What are some AR10s out there along the lines of POF that can make an AR10 under 8lbs?

POF seems have cornered the market for getting a light weight rifle - but they are running about 2.5k.

Are there other off the shelf options besides POF that below $2k and have a solid reputation and warranty?

I'll also be getting an AR15 soon for scratching the fun day at the shooting spot itch and playing around with builds and furniture and only not losing an arm and a leg in ammo $$$ (maybe). For my AR10, it will see much less use and I don't plan to change it much - just want a pretty much off the shelf (add scope) and ready to roll. Ideas?

More expensive than POF, super light, made with Titaniu, Aluminum and steel.

What are some AR10s out there along the lines of POF that can make an AR10 under 8lbs?

POF seems have cornered the market for getting a light weight rifle - but they are running about 2.5k.

Are there other off the shelf options besides POF that below $2k and have a solid reputation and warranty?

I'll also be getting an AR15 soon for scratching the fun day at the shooting spot itch and playing around with builds and furniture and only not losing an arm and a leg in ammo $$$ (maybe). For my AR10, it will see much less use and I don't plan to change it much - just want a pretty much off the shelf (add scope) and ready to roll. Ideas?
Look at the POF Revolution DI, should be able to locate around or under $2k. A quick search on GB shows two at $2,200. I have the piston version and it is a great gun and very enjoyable to shoot.

More expensive than POF, super light, made with Titaniu, Aluminum and steel.
If I'm spending that kind of money its going to be a KAC SR-25.

8.0 lbs

45A204FC-E082-4EBA-8ECA-7267DCB22B8D.png

Ok maybe not under 2k. But its fun to shoot and is light weight in battle rifle speak.

I also have the SIG 716 (G2) , its a porker at 9.6lbs
21ECAA72-C5EE-48EA-904C-2949FF7E00FA.jpeg
With the glass I am running on the 716, its at least 11lbs.

Of the two the SCAR is the nicest balance of light weight, but not too light weight for the .308 round its punching. Much lighter and the user is taking the brunt of the force. Both run great suppressed with the gas settings they have. but add that can weight….then a full 20rd mag!!!1. Battle Rifles are not "light weight". But man its the authority.

U6kY6nvQykDM5AnG8

Last Edited:
If you aren't opposed to roller lock, the PTR91 variants are affordable, reliable, and have a great warranty. They will eat anything, are reasonably accurate, magazines are still cheap, will run without lube even if extra filthy, and customization options are abundant.

Plus, they're much more "interesting" and fun to take apart and have good resale value if it turns out the roller lock lifestyle isn't for you.

Edit: I forgot about your weight requirement. The HK91/G3 platform isn't known for being svelte. Also, the fluted chamber will destroy brass so reloaders need not apply.

Last Edited:
7.8 lbs

Mine has been rock solid and is 75% parts compatible with an AR-15. The short frame makes it slightly shorter and more handy than the standard frame.

Does it have to be AR rifle platform? If u are going for lightweight and reliable as top factors then Galil Ace pistol at 6 lb might fit. I think rifle is 8lb. May not be what u r looking for though.

If it were me I would be looking at POF revolution 1st due to soft shooting and Robinson arms possibly (despite being heavier than your goal). But I've never shot either one, just going on research.

Not so much!

Its more the ejection port crease which causes issues. That can be mitigated by adding on a port buffer (a simple rubber bumper).
Well I learned something today. Doesn't the indenting caused by the flutes reduce case volume? And I agree the mouth usually is battered. I mainly shoot steel in mine but I've tried to salvage brass as well.

RE : Post #13

Well yes....I looked it up on the web. So, being that they are available in several barrel lengths. And assuming that you went "short" (say, 16.5"). Well, enjoy the muzzle blast. Cause I don't. BUT, But, but......BTW, do you mind moving? Yeah, over there.....in the corner......by yourself. LOL.

Aloha, Mark

Well I learned something today. Doesn't the indenting caused by the flutes reduce case volume? And I agree the mouth usually is battered. I mainly shoot steel in mine but I've tried to salvage brass as well.
The marks from the flutes "normally" are not structural on the brass. They can "look" bad, but clean up fine.

It's the ejection port crease on the body which can't (easily) be corrected.

-If you shoot older brass that's berdan primed, easier just to toss it. A lot of Hertenberger as an example is berdan. Great ammo! Just not worth dealing with for most reloaders.

FYI, compared several rifles available at the time.

POF came in just under 6lbs.
Next was Springfield Saint Victor at.7.7

S&W 8lbs
Stag 8.1
DD 8.3
Sig 8.5
Aero 9.6

All of these were on GunBroker:

Lowest price was S&W at 1100.
Stag was 1250

Springfield, Aero, and Sig were each 1500.

DD was 2400

POF revolution was also 2400.

POF Rogue came in between 2000 and 1550 for the same gun. I bought it for 1550, new. Then found out they were also running a promo/rebate deal for several mags or a $250 optic. I'm going to try the optic.