JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the SIG 716 and I am still figuring out the piston system. I am amazed at how much it kicks. It shoots great on military ball. But yeah, I love it.
Thats unfortunate, my ar10's dont kick at all. One is a 20" 308 and the other a 20" 6.5 creedmoor. They are di gas guns though.

Last Edited:
Magpul does have a fixed rifle stock, mag404-blk that can be found for $65. MAG404-Blk_00.jpg

After shooting 40-some rounds, I felt it for a week. Maybe I had the gas setting wrong.
I don't know if it will help on a piston rifle but I added a break and upgraded the trigger on my PA10. It really made a difference in smoothing it out. I mostly shoot alone so I can't say how loud it is. Doesn't seem too bad from the back.

if you cut a 20" down without adjusting for lost dwell time at the gas port it will never be a reliable rifle.
Same deal if you try to convert a mid length .
Go 20" rifle gas and you will be on your way to a Cadilac if you tune the buffer system right..........that is why its nice going with an Armalite carbine buffer system ,rifle buffer system or VLTOR A5 system.
The DPMS style "short buffer" carbine dosent have enough tuning weight options......but an adjustable gas block can fix that if you are willing to deal with the down sides of an adjustable gas block .

I don't know if it will help on a piston rifle but I added a break and upgraded the trigger on my PA10. It really made a difference in smoothing it out. I mostly shoot alone so I can't say how loud it is. Doesn't seem too bad from the back.
Well, it comes with the flash hider I guess that is what would be the standard equipment. Is a brake a two-in-one?

if you cut a 20" down without adjusting for lost dwell time at the gas port it will never be a reliable rifle.
Same deal if you try to convert a mid length .
Go 20" rifle gas and you will be on your way to a Cadilac if you tune the buffer system right..........that is why its nice going with an Armalite carbine buffer system ,rifle buffer system or VLTOR A5 system.
The DPMS style "short buffer" carbine dosent have enough tuning weight options......but an adjustable gas block can fix that if you are willing to deal with the down sides of an adjustable gas block .
I would not mind having both a 20 and a 16 in rifle gas length. All of my ARs are 16 inch with mid-length gas system, I just want something different in performance and not just looks. The Vietnam classic 20 inch is a lovely looking thing to have as well a correct AR dissipator. I missed my window on the PSA makes.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top