JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh, my mistake. When I saw your 2/10 and then 20% I was thinking you were meaning a 20% IPSC target which would be 3.6x6. Now I understand that you hit it 2 out of 10 times.

Very close here. Just waiting on some Go/No-Go Gauges I ordered from Pacific Tool & Gauge last Monday.......I would not have thought an in stock item would take anywhere near 2 weeks to go from Southern Oregon to Eastern Washington. I'm going to be crestfallen if the gauges tell me don't go :oops:

And no tracking number either!!! Killin' me :confused:

20171027_181432.jpg.658d931b39cd94c199c0932905f5a810.jpg

Primary Arms has the gauges and their two day shipping rates are usually very reasonable. I know PTG makes good stuff but I have never heard anything good about their customer service.

Now I'm kinda pissed. Everywhere I look PTG has chitty reviews posted. Everyone is always happy with the products when they get the right ones and or if they get them at all. Regardless of whether or not the items are shown as 'in stock'. I guess I'll call tomorrow and if they haven't sent my gauges I'll cancel and deal with someone else.

How do people stay in business with horrible customer service?

Pacific Tool & Gauge
.308 Winchester Headspace Gauge Set (Go / No-Go / Field)

Primary Arms has the gauges and their two day shipping rates are usually very reasonable. I know PTG makes good stuff but I have never heard anything good about their customer service.

Well I'm glad you said something. I gave them a call this morning and the gal I spoke to said they only had 2 out of the 3 gauges in stock. When I placed the order it was shown as in stock. I was told that couldn't be the case. Then I'm told they sent me an email 2 days after placing the order notifying me that the gauge set was backordered for 6-8 weeks.......no such email ever came. Not in the inbox, nor in the junk, trash or archive. To top it off if I want to cancel this order that was shown as in stock they want to charge me 15%.

So as I am in the process of opening my mouth to just say fine cancel it and I'll give someone else my money she says she will see if she can pull the gauges from a stocking vendor of theirs. While that is nice (I guess) I'm still kinda shaking my head that they would charge me a restocking/cancellation fee on a supposedly 'in stock' item that was never sent?

Maybe they will make good on this thing, but I have to say to anyone looking grab anything PTG definitely do not deal with them direct unless you are 2 months ahead of whatever build you are working on. What a PITA. I saw that these were in stock at other places but the cost and shipping was about the same so I figured why not get them from the source.

Update: Yeah their customer service leaves something to be desired. They didn't say the word liar, but the IT guys assured her the gauges were not shown in stock and she didn't know what to tell me about never receiving an email. They will be charging a 15% restocking fee which "is on the website" yeah I get that. If they are that hard up to screw me over for $15 I guess they need it pretty bad. I should have done my due diligence and read a few reviews.

Last Edited:
Just put it together and shoot it.
Ha Ha Ha! Believe me I want/ed to. But I joined 308ar.com and those guys highly suggest checking headspace. I didn't check it on the 5.56 rifles I built. But the rumor is you are much more assured that everything will work out with no issues on the AR15 pattern. But with the 308/7.62 all the manufacturers kinda do what they want and a guy might end up with a face full of metal pretty easily by not checking it. So for once I'm going to listen :D

Just ordered some from Midway USA they were on sale so screw it.
Forster Complete Match Headspace Gauge Set 308 Winchester

Finally got some gauges in the mail. Chambers pretty tight, it would take a 1.632 gauge but was a RCH shy of chambering a 1.633. Shoots great though! It ate 175gr .308 and 149gr 7.62 just fine. Ran about 60 rounds threw it.

1st 3 shot group scoped it did just over .75" at 100 yards. And to be honest I think that if you removed my crap shooting from the equation and handed the rifle to someone else it would do better than that.

The Vortex Spitfire AR really impressed me. I was getting probably 8"-12" groups at 200 yards with it. I didn't expect that from a red dot.

I'm very happy with this rifle.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top