JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like them, have a bunch, used them a bunch. No problems.

Pricing at your linked spot seems pretty decent from what I recall, but haven't kept up too much on prices.

Prefer 20's over 25's. Easier to store (12 fit in .50cal ammo cans nicely), easier to use prone.

I also have a PSA Gen 2 PA 10 rifle. I can vouch for the P Mags for the LR/SR 25 style. I also picked up both a 5 round and 10 round magazine for the S&W M&P-10. They work fine but don't drop free. I suggest buying the 10 round P-Mags. They should drop free, and are lightweight and durable. They also are more convenient to use on the bench or prone. They also might be better to possess if your state decides to pass stupid magazine capacity laws. ( as if an evil person would somehow be limited in the damage he would do with only a 5 or 10 round mag. Or, if he is intent on mass murder, wouldn't be able to acquire some 25 rounders :rolleyes:)

magpul 20rd mags. 20rd seems like just the right length of mag. any longer and I would need to extend my bipod legs out another notch or two to clear the magazine length...also longer would not fit in my rifle case mag slots...

And 1 box of ammo fits perfect into 1 mag...works for me!

Last Edited:
magpul 20rd mags. 20rd seems like just the right length of mag. any longer and I would need to extend my bipod legs out another notch or two to clear the magazine length...also longer would not fit in my rifle case mag slots...

also 1 box of ammo fits perfect into 1 mag...works for me!
Same for me. I liked the pmags better and the 20 rounders just fit with the bipod where I like it.

What is that, do you have a link?

Why is that?
I suppose just more thought put into it . The metal is pretty thick , thicker than any gi mag I own . The lock plate has a drain built in like most but it has a cool hatch that snaps over the drain to seal it up from dust if you live in that . They seem as light as a full poly mag but I haven't weighed them . They are definitely much lighter than any steel gi mag I own. They seem to load on a closed bolt nice , I have some steel mags that only hold 18 and won't lock on a closed bolt.The translucent options are as good as a window , I think better visibility than a windowed mag.my 10 round lancer drop free and my 10 round pmags do not . I think the lancer fit is better .
I think pmags are best bang for the buck because you can buy two for every one lancer and they are built nice . Thick poly and they feed smooth. They are light, are reliable .
It is clear to me and anyone I have shot with that runs any type mag that a lancer does everything a pmag does but is built tougher . So I think that makes Pmag a best bang for the buck but the lancer is a better mag , you pay for it of course.

What is that, do you have a link?
No.
Back during the post Sandy Hook panic, when scalpers were asking $60 / Pmag, some gunsmith in Missouri on Snipers Hide offered "steel M14 magazines", 5 for $35. Guys there seemed skeptical, seemed too good to be true, and the seller wasn't saying much. I thought, "I need mags -- WTH?" and ordered a set.
They came bundled in brown oil paper. It's been so long since I shot either of my AR10s, IIRC they hold 20 rounds. Ugly as sin, much easier to load than Pmags, they drop free every time and just won't die.
Simple pleasures, I scoff when I look at them and smile when I load them.
I went to buy more but he was out.

Recently ORW in Tigard had surplus steel mags (M1?) on their clearance skid, and they looked very similar. Thought I'd hit the mother lode. Because I hate "no returns", I'm glad I checked compatibility first before buying them all. Alas, not compatible.

Just checked out those Lancers online you folks are mentioning. Seem nice, but I'm too frugal (....CHEAP!...).

I figure that they are probably worth it, quality wise, but at the same time magazines are an expendable (IMO).

So as long as we have other ones which work well, we're good.

oh and this only makes a difference to a reloader but Lancers will run rounds with a greater COAL than 2.800" so you can play with seating depths out past 2.800 by a little.
they need to drop 10 bucks though

25 round pmags all the way. Solid fun and nice. Magpul is also releasing the d50 soonish. (50 round drum).
If you see 308 as nothing more then a bench gun then get the 20-10 rounders though.
25 rounder doesnt sit much longer then a 30round 556 mag. Stacked charging handle to charging handle for comparison: BD77B671-62F0-4F7E-A253-A63714115314.jpeg

No.
Back during the post Sandy Hook panic, when scalpers were asking $60 / Pmag, some gunsmith in Missouri on Snipers Hide offered "steel M14 magazines", 5 for $35. Guys there seemed skeptical, seemed too good to be true, and the seller wasn't saying much. I thought, "I need mags -- WTH?" and ordered a set.
They came bundled in brown oil paper. It's been so long since I shot either of my AR10s, IIRC they hold 20 rounds. Ugly as sin, much easier to load than Pmags, they drop free every time and just won't die.
Simple pleasures, I scoff when I look at them and smile when I load them.
I went to buy more but he was out.

Recently ORW in Tigard had surplus steel mags (M1?) on their clearance skid, and they looked very similar. Thought I'd hit the mother lode. Because I hate "no returns", I'm glad I checked compatibility first before buying them all. Alas, not compatible.

So you are talking about Armalite AR-10B mags and not KAC SR-25/M110 mags?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top