JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've measured all the dimensions I can see and there is no difference between the mag that did and didn't work. Both seat and lock in the mag well and eject well. Guess there's nothing left to do but go back to the range.

I've measured all the dimensions I can see and there is no difference between the mag that did and didn't work. Both seat and lock in the mag well and eject well. Guess there's nothing left to do but go back to the range.

It's not just the deminsion of the magazine but also where the hole is. If the bullet is scratched when you extract it from the chamber then it may also be a problem with the feed ramp.

Nevertheless, here is the kicker- if everything is seated correctly the hammer will fall when you pull the trigger. If it is not seated correctly (bolt not in battery), the hammer will NOT fall. If you hear a click and the primer is NOT dented, I would start at the bolt face and work backwards.

Clean everything up and replace the fireing pin...if you still have failures to fire, then something is internally obstructing the fireing pin from reaching the primer...everything on the inside of the bolt may LOOK clean, but I bet if I scrapped a dental pick on the inside of your bolt carrier a black carbon mine would fall out. One thing about ARs is that they have little nooks and crannies that carbon sets in. And unless you know where all that gas and carbon goes, then you aren't cleaning your firearms correctly.

FYI, this also is why the piston opperating system is better than the gas system.

*Riot Out*

Today I took my AR over to Riot's place for him to look over. While he didn't find anything out of place, he did show me a few spots with carbon build up and cleaned them for me. I hope to get to the range this weekend and try out these pmags again.

The gun has been sent to Smith & Wesson for repair and is on it's way back to me now. They gave me a quick overview of the repairs made when I called S&W this morning. Gas tube was replaced and ramps polished plus a couple of other things that I didn't catch...

I'll update this when I've had a chance to test the gun again.

Got the AR back and the list says these repairs were made:
Adjust Gas Ports
Replace Gas Tube
Repair Bbl
Polish Ramp of Bbl.

Haven't fired it yet but the ramp are is very shiny :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top