1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

AR Triggers

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by 284guy, Jun 22, 2009.

1. 284guy

284guy Woodburn Member

So I just bought another AR, a DPMS, and the trigger is terrible, looooong trigger pull, seems inconsistent. So would I be better off having an aftermarket trigger installed or having this one worked over? It has less than 100 rounds through it. Any idea as to who could do the work?
  2. Dan-Dee Sales Inc

Dan-Dee Sales Inc Sweet Home, Oregon, United States Active Member

I have one with a Timney, Chip McCormick and a Bushnell 2-stage. I like the timney but it is expensive.
  3. MacBookProAR

MacBookProAR Stayton Member

It really depends on your personal preference. If you want 2 stage and are willing to spend some money Timney makes a sweet trigger as do a bunch of people. I personally didn't have the money to spend on a two stage and was happy to stay with a single stage setup. Mine was as you describe as terrible when it started. I sent it to Bill Springfield and about a week later I had it back with a 3 lb pull. I have a buddy that has many triggers done by Bill at http://www.triggerwork.net/ and his work is very consistent and he has a very quick turn around. I think I paid about $50 including shipping for 3 lb trigger with new springs, but check his site for exact pricing.
  4. thelendog

thelendog Milwaukie Member

JP enterprises has a freaking sweet trigger, very-very-very short reset, 3.5lbish. Has a guy in Oregon City install mine. PM me for his info if you want, quality work from a quality guy.
  5. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

I have two Rock River two stage triggers. Both are nice but one breaks like glass. It was tuned by John Holliger at White Oak Armament. If you want the nicest trigger out there, get a Geissele.