JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What are you trying to do?

After building a few ARs myself and buying some tools I found the only ones you really need are a good set of roll pin punches and a good set of hammers (brass one and a good dead blow) My armorer's wrench came with a AR I bought years ago from Del Ton and has lasted at least 4 builds so far. I purchased a few vise blocks but ended up using 2 pcs of wood to hold my flat top upper as it would not fit in the vise block I had at the time. It worked just fine on the barrel install. I thought of buying the DPMS claw set up but the wood works great for me. The mag well block is great for building the lower and also works for cleaning the gun once it is built. Should be able to find one of those for a good price.

Good luck!

Yeah the one that's out of stock

You can use some wood,sure,if you don't care about breaking the upper. Turn the vice handle a little too much and the aluminum receiver implodes.
Not for me.I try to keep away from "crescent wrenches" too

All my uppers are Billet so if they break with the wood there is a problem. That is why I had to use wood the block I had would not accept a billet upper.

But yes if a aluminum upper there could be problems. Shoot I thought everyone used billet:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top