JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It started life as a plain AR. But as he explained he replaced the lower with a M16 lower, and changed the bolt carrier group out with the SRC Relia-bolt carrier group. Those changes made it capable of full auto fire.

The argument could be made that since the lower is legally the firearm for the AR15 and the M16, the firearm in question was not an AR with an M16 lower but rather an M16 with an AR15 upper. To be clear, I know that the upper is what was really being tested, so I'm fine with it being called an AR15 test. Just sayin'. ;)

In the old days you'd just shoot full wadcutters outa yer auto-loader 9 or .45 and crow about.
But melting a machinegun is certainly fun.

Those last few mags the last two or three rounds in each mag was spitting fire back out of the chamber. Fun, but the kind of fun I enjoy best from a few yards away. :) I was expecting a kaboom very soon after the barrel started bending. I was surprised at how much longer it lasted.

You know, he mentioned that he replaced the Bolt carrier group in the upper.

I wonder, did he check the headspace after doing that???? What could having bad headspace do?

Kaboom can happen.... But normally you don't need to check the headspace, 99 times out of a 100, the new bolt for your AR-15 would be good to go. I check, but never had one that was a no-go.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top