JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I built my own 22 AR and its ok. The one thing that no one has really brough up about using a 22 conversion kit in a regular AR upper with a 223 barrel is that the twist rate and bore dimensions are not really compatible with 22lr. It makes for a great way to train or just blast for cheap and its stupid fun, but at 100yds mine patterns, it doesn't group. I am using a 1 in 12 pencil barrel cut down to 10.5" with a permanently attached muzzle brake to bring it to 17". Its fun, and I am out about $400 all together, a lot less if you count all of the trading i did to get the parts for it. But I will be making my own 22lr barrel from a blank for it sometime soon. If I were to do it all over again I would get a pre-fab dedicated upper for it.

I would say, stay away from the colt. Its cheap, crappy and I have heard nothing but problems with them. The ruger sr22 is just a 10/22 with some tacticrap stuck onto it, not worth the $$. The SW and the sig would be where I would go. If you are using it for a training tool in place of an AR, I would go S&W. If you want to have fun and the cool factor I would get the Sig. Neither will let you down and both are fun as heck. If you like to tinker and have the tools you can be like me and piece one together yourself :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top