JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's pistol, so no, as of right now you do not need to file for a short barreled rifle

If you want a short barreled rifle (SBR) than buy the upper I linked, get a lower and file a Form 1 for an SBR

That's pistol, so no, as of right now you do not need to file for a short barreled rifle

If you want a short barreled rifle (SBR) than buy the upper I linked, get a lower and file a Form 1 for an SBR
The one you linked is $1100. I can get complete for $1300. Either way sounds like I need a form 1. I understand this is only good for one purchase?

barnabus1999 what is the itch you're trying to scratch here? What part of these guns has your interest? There are a few different directions you might go in, maybe discover other options you might consider.

As has been mentioned, there is a bit of a learning curve with NFA stuff and whats going on with "pistols" having "braces" theee days. Nothing insurmountable, just important to understand.

The gunbroker listing seems crazy expensive for what you are getting. I'd not buy it, but thats just me. A gun like that with a "pistol" lower can be sent to a FFL and is not a Class 3 weapon. Some FFLs are leary of accepting "pistols" like this from folks who have "built" the gun rather than stripped receivers or factory built guns. If you like, send me an IM and we could get you all up to speed with some of this stuff.

Buying a "built" AR pistol off of gun broker for two grand is way over priced. Actually. Colt is way over priced in general. If you are wanting a shorter firearm, I am certified to work on AR15s and would be more than happy to help you build out a good AR pistol for much less while still keeping a great quality. Or I could even offer my opinion on whatever you want. If you specifically want a COLT clone, get the upper someone else posted and then try to get as exact of parts for your lower as you can.
As for filing with the ATF for an SBR. You only need to do that if you put a STOCK on the lower with an upper that has a barrel of less than 16".
Unless you have a barrel with a shorter length (usually no shorter than 13.7") with a pinned muzzle device to make it a total of 16 or 16.1". If the barrel is 16" either pinned and welded, or a regular 16" barrel, you can use a stock without filing with the ATF.
If the barrel is less than 16" without being pinned and welded and you want to avoid filing, you build/ buy a pistol lower that has a brace instead of a stock.

Yeah I wanted to know what a pistol brace was. Usually they have Velcro but there are some other designs that look like something Alois Schwarzenegger would use.

Not an accurate statement, while those from SB Tactical do, none of these pistol braces utilize Velcro...
https://www.kakindustry.com/shockwave
https://gearheadworks.com/store/?filter_product-category=pistol-brace
https://deadfootarms.com/products/g-rex-telescoping-tailhook-brace-complete
https://www.strikeindustries.com/si-stab-pdw.html
https://www.odinworks.com/CQ_B_Pistol_Brace_p/os-cq-b-blk.htm
https://www.primaryarms.com/FMBRACE

Yeah I wanted to know what a pistol brace was. Usually they have Velcro but there are some other designs that look like something Alois Schwarzenegger would use.
I could use a turn key solution for mobile fingerprinting. I have to order federal cards and a scanner. Just learning that's all.
The firearm sale you linked is for a pistol. It does not require you to perform anything in reg to the NFA.

You buy it, have it shipped to a dealer in Portland that accepts incoming private sales. Once at the dealer, you pay the dealer his/her transfer fees, then compete a 4473 as if buying any gun. Once approved, you leave with your new pistol.

HAve you purchased a firearm off the internet before?

The firearm sale you linked is for a pistol. It does not require you to perform anything in reg to the NFA.

You buy it, have it shipped to a dealer in Portland that accepts incoming private sales. Once at the dealer, you pay the dealer his/her transfer fees, then compete a 4473 as if buying any gun. Once approved, you leave with your new pistol.

HAve you purchased a firearm off the internet before?
Sorry Sir I didn't provide context. I am starting a business and I was trying to research a new item of interest. Without going into all the details and at this point in the thread, I was trying to figure out how to build out a magpul stock on a colt with a short barrel. In the END I went for a Wilson/Trijicon combo. I am not sure about the brands if they are any good. We reserve the right to reserve service to anyone at any time.

In regards to FFL to the previous post - I just obtained my CCL which I hope expedites the BGC. I am working with a local shop in PDX until I finish FFL paperwork.

I apologize for my miscommunication. Thank you all on the forum and shops in OR and WA. I am trying to learn and sometimes I ask the wrong questions.

Sorry Sir I didn't provide context. I am starting a business and I was trying to research a new item of interest. Without going into all the details and at this point in the thread, I was trying to figure out how to build out a magpul stock on a colt with a short barrel. In the END I went for a Wilson/Trijicon combo. I am not sure about the brands if they are any good. We reserve the right to reserve service to anyone at any time.

In regards to FFL in the previous post - I just obtained my CCL which I hope expedites the BGC. I am working with a local shop in PDX until I finish FFL paperwork. Once completed this FFL will be used at The PDXdesign Library.

I apologize for my miscommunication. Thank you all on the forum and shops in OR and WA. I am trying to learn and sometimes I ask the wrong questions.

In regards to FFL to the previous post - I just obtained my CCL which I hope expedites the BGC. I am working with a local shop in PDX until I finish FFL paperwork.

This only confuses me further. Lol. Best of luck!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top