JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
All this talk about the newly found legality of silencers has got me thinking about a SBR/silencer combo for fun/target practice/general defense.

would an AR pistol with silencer be just as good since SBR's aren't legal yet? What about getting a legal length AR that can be converted to SBR after the bill passes?

I like the idea of:
portability, conceal-ability, indoor training (around corners/hallways) for HD, round count, precise shots up to 100yds

Can some one give me an idea of how long the overall length of a legal barreled AR with silencer would be compared to SBR?

I'd love some pics :rolleyes:

I don't even know what calibers I should limit myself too...

Thanks Caden!!
I am working on an AR with a 10" barrel and a silencer permanently attached with an overall length of 16" for the WA dudes.

I'm hoping to have it available in a few weeks.
The design work is done, and tests on the baffles give a sound that is on par with the top silencer manufacturers.

It is now down to paperwork and money.

Well here is one version of an integral AR. This is an OA Glock lower with an SRT silencer on it. Had this gun about 3-4 years now. It was my second silencer purchase, first was .22 can. I have owned and shoot silencers now for over 5 years in way SHOCKING.

DSC_0010.jpg

I'll eventually get many cans....

Fixed it for you. I don't know anyone who stopped at one, even those guys who said, "I just want one." :)

But, be careful! Because you'll turn into one of those guys that never wants to shoot unsuppressed.

And THEN you turn into one of those guys that thinks it's really annoying that everybody else's guns make so much noise. :)

Why do people still buy .223 cans? It only works on a couple of calibers. .30 cal cans work on most .30 cal guns and under. They are only slightly heavier and slightly longer in most cases.

Or just bump it up to a 338 and your covered for everything, Ive seen 338lm rated cans for around a grand. get a 338 and a 45, and you can shoot 223, 308, 300wm and 338lm as well as 45 and 9mm all for around 2k with stamps

Why do people still buy .223 cans? It only works on a couple of calibers. .30 cal cans work on most .30 cal guns and under. They are only slightly heavier and slightly longer in most cases.

Weight and length were the exact reasons I got both.
But true, the 308 works very well on the 223 with added weight and length.
If I did it again I would get the 308 first.

Weight and length were the exact reasons I got both.
But true, the 308 works very well on the 223 with added weight and length.
If I did it again I would get the 308 first.

I understand but length is usually less then 1" difference and weight is usually within 5oz. Of course we all think different but to me that is not worth the cost of another can and the tax. If I really wanted more then one can to have on more then one gun I would have 2, 30 cal vs a .223 and a .30. FWIW I have 2 of the same .22 cans and another .22 that is going to be used on an integral set up, so I do understand that part.

I bought an M4-2000 to use on my SBR PS90. I didn't want the extra length or weight on a 19" rifle and don't have any other use for a .30 cal can.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top