JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I started this build back in December of last year, today I picked up my suppressor marking the official end of my SBR build.

Lower from Titan Ordnance
LPK by DPMS
MagPul grip with storage inside for Form 1 and Form 4
Delton 11.5" upper with a JP Industries adjustable gas block
YHM flip-up sights
.30 caliber prototype suppressor (Serial number 1) from a local manufacturer, clamps-on to any A2 flash hider.

IMG_20121030_133443.jpg

I also have CMMG .22 upper for rimfire fun :)

IMG_20121030_144838.jpg

Good times!

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked great! Due to it being a prototype and some unknowns regarding the stability of the clamp-on design it's actually bored to .375. You couldn't really hear the shot, but you could hear the crack of the sonic boom from the bullet, the bullet hitting the target and the reflection of the sonic boom coming back from the berm. I'm looking forward to trying some subsonic ammo next payday.

If you don't mind me asking, who made your can?

I've never tried running subsonics in a rimfire AR but they didn't want to cycle in the 10/22. You'll be amazed at how quiet they are though. A pellet gun is louder than my savage mk II with my surpressor on.

A quick fix on the 10/22 is a KIDD lighter spring - then your 10/22 will cycle with subs.

Dedicating one 10/22 to subs only is nice also.

KIDD stuff -

The KIDD charging bolt handle is stainless steel partially wrapped with a Viton cushion. Our precision ground guide rod is made from hardened tool steel and held to 2/10,000" tolerance throughout its entire length. The rod is nitride treated which gives its surface a 70C rockwell (harder than a file) surface hardness. Guaranteed the smoothest and slickest guide rod in the industry. The three springs come in varying tensions for standard, subsonic ammo, or 17HM2 ammo. Our charging handle assembly will drop into any brand of 10/22. For a video demonstration of this product follow the link to: http://youtu.be/bSIbnfg9nnI. Thank you for taking a look at another great Kidd Innovative Design product for the 10/22.

Just went out in the backyard and tried the Remington subsonic .22 rounds I picked up at the Albany gun show. Both the AR with suppressor and the 10/22 cycled fine with no problems. Good stuff!

I know that can and lower. Own the lower and have played with one of can a few months ago. Bet I know where you got it. A nice set up congrats. Is that pic from the landing pad ?

I figured that people who knew would know ;-)

Not sure if we were at the landing pad, we were up Crooked Finger Rd 5 miles past the pavement, the 275 yard gravel pit.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top