JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking at picking up a bushmaster AR15, but would like to get a CQB upper in addition to the regular upper. Is the CQB upper a class III type of thing, or can anyone buy them?

Anyone know where to get one?

Thanks.

any one can buy a short barreled upper provided they have a registered sbr lower or a as mentioned a pistol lower provided the pistol lower does not have a stock on it .

also as a pistol you can not have a forward grip on it YOU WILL GO TO JAIL if you do.

IF its a rifle and if the barrel lenth is under 16" you have to register the lower receiver as a sbr and tax stamp it or YOU WILL GO TO JAIL

same if its auto or burst has to be registered and pay tax stamp

note you have to register and be approved before you can get any of the above so don't run out and buy a short barrel upper with out registering the lower and getting approved

if you want a silencer you will need a registered the silencer prior to buying the silencer

On a pistol lower you can not have a short barrel upper and stock and or a forward grip on at the same time YOU WILL GO TO JAIL unless you first register the lower as a sbr and pay for tax stamp however a pistol lower can have a short barrel upper but NO STOCK

I was afraid of that. Ideally I'd like to not have it registered (so the gov't can't come take it away as easily). I might just have to deal with the 16" barrel, and was never a fan of the 3 rd. burst as it is. Guess it's that one shot one kill mentality I had drilled into me :s0114:

So, can I file for a SBR tax stamp... Then buy a short upper.... Then put it on top of my ar reciever? Is is that simple? I Don't suppose I could go back and forth after that could I?

This might be more relevant in the Class 3 forum, but since the topic is up, I noticed USMC0311 shows a PDX home area. I haven't played with the idea myself for a few years, but this may be a now of never window we are in now.
Just what is the latest status on getting a tax stamp signed in Portland ?
I remember you used to need to retain an attorney to push them in to signing.
Has it lightened up any lately ?

If you go the Corp or Living Trust route, you bypass local LE signoff and fingerprinting.

I believe once you have the stamp, you can switch barrel lengths as often as you want.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top