JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got my morning chuckle by looking up classified adds for Colt AR's:s0114: on the internet this morning. Bottom line is the asking price vs. the selling price. Just in case anyone wants to buy a Colt AR OR sell one, I will pay $1000 cash for a Colt AR NIB and will sell one for $3500:s0114::s0114::s0112::s0114::s0112::s0112::cool:

3 Months ago, stripped lowers were what, $99-$129 for basic Aero precision? Now people are asking $200-$300 and they're selling! :s0001:

I have my ARs, might have wanted a few more replacement parts, but oh well. I am with longcolt on this one, sit back and watch Rome burn for a while!

If the feds have their way....AR rifles will be banned and prices will go over $10k

If they allow current guns and magazines to be transferred like last time. I think even Feinstein learned that this time they need to prevent guns and magazines from being purchased by anyone after the ban goes into effect. She also wants to register the guns under the NFA like machine guns. Your prices will skyrocket up to when the ban goes into effect though so your investment strategy may be productive after all if someone buys them before the ban. If not, they are yours forever... :)

ridiculous. i dont even like the 223, i got another PTR last week for 1k dollars. why would i buy a 223 when i can have a much better 308 for half the price these clowns are asking for their little ARs

If the feds have their way....AR rifles will be banned and prices will go over $10k

I believe the Bill that Feinstein has written turns AR's into NFA items. They will need to be registered ($200 for every one you own) and a form will be sent to you giving you permission to own them. Upon your death, they are to be turned over to the government for destruction. I surely hope this doesn't happen. I don't think it will. But on the off chance it does, the only enjoyment I will derive from it will be the speculators who are stuck with AR's they intended to sell and couldn't. Plus the $200 stamp they'd have to buy for each one. Karma can be a bubblegum. Still hope it doesn't happen.

But for now, like others have said, let it die down. I've been playing with my lever actions instead. Just as much fun. Let the non-gun people buy and pay the panic pricing. The demand will eventually die down, the prices will normalize, they furor over gun control will hopefully subside, and you'll have all the ammo, mags, and AR's you could want on the secondary market. God willing.

Hey folks, i stopped by a Bothell pawnshop yesterday and was surprised to see a Colt 6920 and a few other AR rifles on the wall.
The 6920 was selling for $2000+. I didn't get a chance to view the other prices on the AR's.
I also saw an HK G3 or 91 model for $3g's and a SCAR for sale too.
...with all the frenzy talk out there i was just surprised to see ANY rifles on the wall.

Oh, i was lucky enough to pic up one M&P .40/.357 factory mag for just $23....no foolin'. i freaked! The clerk didn't know what they had in the bin and she just let me rummage thru it. i love when folks still trust their customers....w/out supervision..besides she was too busy making customer calls.

Also, the pawnshop had a TON of handguns. So don't fret.

Ammo? They had a few cases of FMJ 9mm & .40SW.
when i walked in, a dude had his hands on a case of .223. I think the prices were reasonable.

good luck shopping out there.

Nice to see yet another gun owner who has no intent or desire to keep their rights and is already rolling over.

I believe the Bill that Feinstein has written turns AR's into NFA items. They will need to be registered ($200 for every one you own) and a form will be sent to you giving you permission to own them. Upon your death, they are to be turned over to the government for destruction. I surely hope this doesn't happen. I don't think it will. But on the off chance it does, the only enjoyment I will derive from it will be the speculators who are stuck with AR's they intended to sell and couldn't. Plus the $200 stamp they'd have to buy for each one. Karma can be a bubblegum. Still hope it doesn't happen.

But for now, like others have said, let it die down. I've been playing with my lever actions instead. Just as much fun. Let the non-gun people buy and pay the panic pricing. The demand will eventually die down, the prices will normalize, they furor over gun control will hopefully subside, and you'll have all the ammo, mags, and AR's you could want on the secondary market. God willing.

I'll bet a hundred that registering all the AR's doesn't happen. THINK folks! O-Markist would have to form a whole nother branch of government to register the millions of guns. I've been wrong before, but predict that this will settle down with a Clinton style ban, with no sunset clause. This will make the idiot libs feel good and solve nothing. AR prices are never going back to what they were. Panic will calm and prices will settle out some, but still command a premium from the old days......... JMHO

Original first post that started this thread still stands!!!!!!!!!:s0112::s0114:

Nice to see yet another gun owner who has no intent or desire to keep their rights and is already rolling over.

Where in that post did you get that I was rolling over? I don't think it will happen. I will fight to keep it from happening. I have written my Senators and Congressmen. I am talking to all the gunowners I know to let them know to stand up and fight for the rights of ALL gun owners, not just the type of guns they own. Talking to hunters to make sure that even thought they may not own an AR or 20 round magazine, that any potential ban would affect them also.

That being said, I am disgusted by the speculators and price gougers. I feel like they are spending their efforts trying to make money off their fellow gun owners (especially new, inexperienced gun owners) instead of standing up and fighting the efforts to ban items. All my comment said was that if, God forbid, a ban was put in place, I will enjoy the karma of the speculators getting stuck with items they then can't price gouge people with.

I will let things die down. I will not buy items at the paranoia prices. The items are not worth that to me. So, like I said, I will concentrate on my other projects until the paranoia dies down, then maybe my AR projects will jump back to the top of the list.

Hopefully that was clear. Now, iamme, explain where I have no intent or desire to keep my rights and am rolling over...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top