JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wasn't going to comment on this, but the 'nazi move' comment bugs me, so I will. Considering how much the left loves to throw the term 'nazi' around about pro-gun folks, I'm surprised when it comes from pro-gun folks. This isn't a public space, it's Joe's private business. The rules and terms are something we all have to agree to when we join. So all that's being done is enforcing the same rules we all agreed to abide by. This isn't a government entity and no one's free speech rights are being infringed. If @Joe Link doesn't want people harassing sellers on the forum, then how is that a 'nazi' move?

If people don't like someone's price, then simply ignore them. What's the big deal? Should every seller set their price based on what you or I or anyone else thinks they should? It's a free market, people can ask what they want - if it doesn't sell, then maybe they'll learn their lesson on their own and drop their prices.

I don't get why some folks get all worked up over what price someone wants to sell their personal property for. But, if people really want to help a seller who is priced above the market, send them a PM and suggest they consider adjusting their price. No need to crap on their ad to make a point.

Well said.

It's simple -- if you don't like the price, move on.

I have always mentioned what does the U.S. military pay for their M 16/4? Not to worry though the next election cycle Hillary will run and win. Buy cheap and stack deep.

I have always mentioned what does the U.S. military pay for their M 16/4
True... which is why you make Soros and Bloomberg jointly Target #1. Cut off the other team's cash supply and...

I mean, I hate Vladimir Putin as much as the rest of his fellow KGB Scumbag Terrorists, but with Soros being a wanted criminal over there, I could make a little common cause to get that partiularly nasty sliver out of our national toe before it gets any more infected.

Yikes, did I just quote Eli David?
There are just as much bad in the U.S government .

I have always mentioned what does the U.S. military pay for their M 16/4.
According to this source; $700 average cost in 2012; at least according to Wikipedia, and when the Army placed order for 24,000 M4A1 carbines contracted to be build by Remington.... could be more, could be less, but the Military tends to order on a contract term that includes spares and tools for unit armories to maintain their stocks of M4s and repair any if necessary before dumping them onto the "export market"(giving them to allies for very little money in return, and keeping them away from "dirty civilians") and into the Pentagon's 1033 program for LE organizations.

According to this source; $700 average cost in 2012; at least according to Wikipedia, and when the Army placed order for 24,000 M4A1 carbines contracted to be build by Remington.... could be more, could be less, but the Military tends to order on a contract term that includes spares and tools for unit armories to maintain their stocks of M4s and repair any if necessary before dumping them onto the "export market"(giving them to allies for very little money in return, and keeping them away from "dirty civilians") and into the Pentagon's 1033 program for LE organizations.
That and IIRC most DoD contracts are "Cost Plus 10-15%"... which means the contractor has every incentive to have cost overruns.

That and IIRC most DoD contracts are "Cost Plus 10-15%"... which means the contractor has every incentive to have cost overruns.
there were several innovative programs that were cancelled because of cost overruns.... And also a few things that I believe should NOT have had production curtailed..... the F-22 and the B-2 programs for two examples.... F-22s were designed to replace F-15C/Ds on an one-for-one basis, thus would have reduced cost per plane by having around 570 F-22s instead of 187 operational currently, and freed up more F-15s for Air National Guard to update their F-15C inventories, and maintain a clear distinctive air superiority role....

The F-35 program should have been cut down to only one or two variants instead of three variants, and cancel the vertical lift requirement for a dedicated model (say...from another company) ..... but noo the Congress and Pentagon kept the program alive even though it is one of the most expensive aircraft around...

While the F-35 is remarkably capable--I mean, it has capabilities beyond even an F-22--the airframe's being asked to do too much. Shoulda been just two versions, a heavier "big wing" optimized for carrier strike and air superiority and a lighter "small wing" STOVL for Gator Navy/Marine and Forward Deployed CAS ops. Differentiation on AF/Navy for the big-wing bird and AF/MC on the small-wing could easily be done through interchangeable modules, like how all F-35s have the bays for both refueling systems, or change from AF to Navy just by bolting on different landing gear and tailhook.

I mean, how many fighters do you know of that can just dial up the nearest Aegis cruiser, remotely launch a SAM and guide it to target? :D

For grabagun, how does that work for shipping to OR for just a normal joe like me? I've never done anything like that before, and I actually feel weird because I do want to spend my money at LGSs. But for that Ruger AR-556, that's hundreds of dollars.

For grabagun, how does that work for shipping to OR for just a normal joe like me? I've never done anything like that before, and I actually feel weird because I do want to spend my money at LGSs. But for that Ruger AR-556, that's hundreds of dollars.
They'll send it to the lgs of your choice

Thanks, I kind of feel bad, because the LGS I was thinking of sells the same rifle for a lot more; it feels weird shipping it to them. Kinda embarrassing :-|

Don't be embarrassed you gotta do what you gotta do! I like supporting the little guy's but if it saves you hundreds believe me they will be OK with it.

If for some reason they are not then look for a new one. :oops::D

Thanks, I kind of feel bad, because the LGS I was thinking of sells the same rifle for a lot more; it feels weird shipping it to them. Kinda embarrassing :-|
So add up the rifle,shipping and transfer cost and see how close they can get. For me,I like to be able to walk into a store and fondle guns to see if I like them. So if I pay 50 bucks more I don't mind.
YMMV though

So add up the rifle,shipping and transfer cost and see how close they can get. For me,I like to be able to walk into a store and fondle guns to see if I like them. So if I pay 50 bucks more I don't mind.
YMMV though
Two guys I know will match the online price if they can. You might tell him what you're looking at doing and offer him a chance to match. If they can come pretty close I just go with the local guy.

Two guys I know will match the online price if they can. You might tell him what you're looking at doing and offer him a chance to match. If they can come pretty close I just go with the local guy.

Yea- I already fondled the rifle at their shop! I'll check in with them about matching. Can you pm me the places you mentioned?

Yea- I already fondled the rifle at their shop! I'll check in with them about matching. Can you pm me the places you mentioned?

I don't know exactly where you are, but you could use Tigard Pawn 4 More ($25 total transfer w/BGC), Money Market Pawn in SE PDX ($30) total. If you're willing to go to Oregon City, I know an FFL there that does it for $20 total - and that price is good for 1 gun or 5 guns.

I CAN FINALLY AFFORD THAT DEVIL'S GUN...
Granted I want an HK G91 or whatever the G3 civilian models are... or a Ruger Ranch mini 14... or the M1A, scout too! A FAL would be neat. MAN AN M1A1 CARBINE WOULD BE AWESOME!
Still like a grand at it's cheapest, maybe I should just quit smoking (has crossed my mind).

Honestly I just think the m15 type layout is ugly, but I hear they shoot good! I'm still going to buy one! LOL

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top