JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It would be amazing how much good could be done if one had the financial resources. Do to them what they are doing to us. All legal. The question remains just how long one could do the above before the Powers That Be become annoyed and tell you to stop.

Back on subject, I wonder how low AR15 prices will go? How about rare and high quality AR15 build parts? Wondering right now whether or not to build now or wait a bit? Will prices of proper build components like gages, jigs, clamps, dressers, etc., drop?

Last Edited:
True... which is why you make Soros and Bloomberg jointly Target #1. Cut off the other team's cash supply and...

I mean, I hate Vladimir Putin as much as the rest of his fellow KGB Scumbag Terrorists, but with Soros being a wanted criminal over there, I could make a little common cause to get that partiularly nasty sliver out of our national toe before it gets any more infected.

Yikes, did I just quote Eli David?

Back on subject, I wonder how low AR15 prices will go? How about rare and high quality AR15 build parts? Wondering right now whether or not to build now or wait a bit? Will prices of proper build components like gages, jigs, clamps, dressers, etc., drop?
First thing is anything you build yourself, write off any expectation of resale value other than as parts. If resale value is your driver buy a stupid overpriced prancing pony, or a more worth-it BCM, Daniel Defense, Sabre or LMT. A build-gun is about the build itself, or being able to set the gun up exactly how YOU want it without compromises, or the fun of shooting it, but NEVER about resale value. :)

Listen to this, barely one notch above "AR Virgin" and acting all Sage Elder... lol

Considering what one would like vs what one might end up doing are different. A default build would be more like a production model but in left hand. Specifically I was thinking about left hand 6.5 Grendel bolt life and general safety. A solution may be to do the build but in 5.56x45 Wilde chamber.

Another possibility might be a left hand bolt action rifle from either Ruger or Savage. I do not have the accessories, gauges, fixtures and specialty tools needed to do the AR15 build. Sold all that stuff off years ago. Borrow? But ... as a hobby endeavor, doing another AR15 build just for me would be ... FUN! :)

.22 may be available but it is NOT CHEAP.

~

True, but cheaper than 2013 prices to be sure. Our local Fred Meyer has a lot of 50-round boxes of American Eagle, selling at $2.79 per box, which is obviously $22.79 per brick/500 or 5.5 cents per round. Seems to be about the current market price for .22lr, and better than the .10 cents per round it was going for in the past few years.

From what I have seen so far it is all the entry to mid-level stuff that is on sale right now as this is what shops ordered for the election of Hillary? These were for the masses who wanted the evil AR the government did not want them to have but they really had no use for one other than that.

I have not seen the prices of the higher end stuff come down as of yet.

BCM still has the same prices and so does Daniel Defense but time will tell. I have seen some good prices on PSA but they have always had good prices compared to others it's just now they just seem a little better.

I have pick up a few tool from Primary Arm as they had the Magpul AR block's on sale a while back and a roll pin punch from KAK for the same reason but I have not seen any big "Fire Sales" as of yet.

I figure 3 more months and if nothing happens to create a panic in the gun market a lot of shops will need to start to dumping stuff to stay afloat fast as they will need to start paying down the money owed on their investment.

I would like to get one more BCM upper for my last build but they cost too much at this time. I got a number of them a while back when they had the BCG and Mod 3 charging handles for like 69 bucks combined rather than 169 and 49. They do that again and I will get one. I feel they are worth the extra money but I already have a couple so it is a want more than a need.

So in my opinion if you are looking for a fun toy to play with on the cheap there is some good sales out there but if you are looking for a so called top end gun not so much.

better than the .10 cents per round it was going for in the past few years.

Notice the ammo makers have resorted to typical marketing tactics; they now package them in smaller quantity bricks :( Like the 222, or the 325 pack. 5 years ago it was almost always 525 or 500 packs. Then they're trying to get the same price for those lower quantity boxes. I cut back from shooting 2x's a month to like one and made it through the last dry and overly priced 4 years without needing to buy any 22LR. When I see it for under 6¢ a round I will usually pick up a couple 325 or 525/500 packs. Last time I bought I caught a sale at Cabela's on-line for $17.99 for 325 packs, then there was a $10 Federal Rebate and I had a $20 off coupon over a $150 purchase at Cabela's. Bought 10 of them for what amounts to $14.99 + tax (not too shabby, about 5¢ a round incl. tax). Before the shortage, I was regularly finding it for about 3.5 - 4 ¢ a round. Last time I was at a Gun Show (January 2017), they were still trying to get $25 to $45 for 325 packs.

Notice the ammo makers have resorted to typical marketing tactics; they now package them in smaller quantity bricks :( Like the 222, or the 325 pack. 5 years ago it was almost always 525 or 500 packs. Then they're trying to get the same price for those lower quantity boxes. I cut back from shooting 2x's a month to like one and made it through the last dry and overly priced 4 years without needing to buy any 22LR. When I see it for under 6¢ a round I will usually pick up a couple 325 or 525/500 packs. Last time I bought I caught a sale at Cabela's on-line for $17.99 for 325 packs, then there was a $10 Federal Rebate and I had a $20 off coupon over a $150 purchase at Cabela's. Bought 10 of them for what amounts to $14.99 + tax (not too shabby, about 5¢ a round incl. tax). Before the shortage, I was regularly finding it for about 3.5 - 4 ¢ a round. Last time I was at a Gun Show (January 2017), they were still trying to get $25 to $45 for 325 packs.

It stinks, but I remind myself the ammo companies are in business to make money, not to do us favors.

You'll also notice things like OJ, that used to come in 64oz containers now come in 59oz containers for the same price. The containers look almost identical, so most folks won't even notice they're paying more for less, but the OJ companies are saving big $$ putting 5oz less in each container. It also means for every 12 they sell, the 13th they are getting to sell, effectively at no cost, since the consumer is still paying for that missing 5oz.

I do think one of the big reasons for the smaller packs was to try and spread the ammo out to more people during the shortage. Think about it - if you have say 3,000 rounds of .22lr in 500-round bricks, with a one brick limit, you can sell to 6 customers. That same 3,000 rounds in 325 packs can reach 9 customers, and likely just a bit more per round than the bigger boxes. I don't fault them for finding creative ways to make more money - I want them to stay in business and be successful. But I do wish it didn't have to come at the cost of higher prices on my end.

Maybe the basic AR15 build tools will come down in price. But some of the other stuff I just don't have like a good quality smooth jaw 5 inch bolt through bench vise, a decent military AR15 type barrel wrench and that necessary certified click type torque wrench. The barrel vise jaws are still easy to obtain. The other stuff I can scrounge beg or borrow including that new nifty Brownells or Midway upper receiver front end flat dresser. If not careful I will talk myself into doing that build. Yikes! :)

The punches, turn screw bits, the very old and trusty medium ball peen hammer and the other junk I have. The needful home made 40" high plywood and stud workbench is still on hold. It is frustrating to find that while fir trees grow here, nobody seems to have the required 2x4x96" bone dry kiln dried straight fir studs. They can not even custom order them. All I need are 8 of them. The CDX plywood is no problem. Cutting no problem. Nobody has kiln dried bone dry studs. This is agonizing. Auuhhhhh! :)

It is a bummer when you gotta have THAT before you can have THAT before you can build THAT!

Don't forget that the she Devil has spawned a daughter. Chelsea will more then likely will run for a NY state senate seat and in no time at all, will be up and running for the big chair.

I recently picked up a Palmetto State Armory PA10. Complete upper & lower separately from their website. There is a guy on gunbroker selling for a lot more. I guess these are the people that bought up a lot of parts before the election.

I don't begrudge anyone taking the initiative to make an honest buck but if you gambled and lost don't go looking for suckers.

Maybe the basic AR15 build tools will come down in price. But some of the other stuff I just don't have like a good quality smooth jaw 5 inch bolt through bench vise, a decent military AR15 type barrel wrench and that necessary certified click type torque wrench. The barrel vise jaws are still easy to obtain. The other stuff I can scrounge beg or borrow including that new nifty Brownells or Midway upper receiver front end flat dresser. If not careful I will talk myself into doing that build. Yikes! :)

The punches, turn screw bits, the very old and trusty medium ball peen hammer and the other junk I have. The needful home made 40" high plywood and stud workbench is still on hold. It is frustrating to find that while fir trees grow here, nobody seems to have the required 2x4x96" bone dry kiln dried straight fir studs. They can not even custom order them. All I need are 8 of them. The CDX plywood is no problem. Cutting no problem. Nobody has kiln dried bone dry studs. This is agonizing. Auuhhhhh! :)

It is a bummer when you gotta have THAT before you can have THAT before you can build THAT!
Try going to a wood truss company and see if they would sell you a few. Pick a small mom and pop. They would have everything from stud grade all the way up to select struct. I used to own a truss co, and people used to come in all the time. Mine was a small outfit so it was no problem.

I want cheap Arsenal ak's
I have one on preoreder from arsenal for $850.

Upper $200 complete, BcG $70 ,charging handle $15 ,Complete lower 130$, AR15 for $415, Like the models offered cheaply with no sights. I have built quiet a few in that price range, lately I only order when prices are extremely low and/or bundled also I dont pay shipping when ever possible.
Its a buyers market and nobody cares what you over-paid for your firearm and are looking to get back by passing the "rip-off" price on to the next guy. Tons of guys are waking up to "I paid $700 for that HK last week now its everywhere for $500!!?" Yep and no one wants to buy it for even $550... the term lowball gets thrown around alot on this page and if you comment on someones post about the price your comment gets removed (nazi move). But many prices are too high and those guns simply wont sell at those prices, even people try and say the bluebook prices are wrong or "off" but these have been the go to prices for the industry since I have been owning firearms in the late 90's. Something people dont get about the bluebook prices are they are based off 100% flawless unused weapons, most guns that have been fired arent going to get 100% bluebook just like a car.

the term lowball gets thrown around alot on this page and if you comment on someones post about the price your comment gets removed (nazi move). But many prices are too high and those guns simply wont sell at those prices,

I wasn't going to comment on this, but the 'nazi move' comment bugs me, so I will. Considering how much the left loves to throw the term 'nazi' around about pro-gun folks, I'm surprised when it comes from pro-gun folks. This isn't a public space, it's Joe's private business. The rules and terms are something we all have to agree to when we join. So all that's being done is enforcing the same rules we all agreed to abide by. This isn't a government entity and no one's free speech rights are being infringed. If @Joe Link doesn't want people harassing sellers on the forum, then how is that a 'nazi' move?

If people don't like someone's price, then simply ignore them. What's the big deal? Should every seller set their price based on what you or I or anyone else thinks they should? It's a free market, people can ask what they want - if it doesn't sell, then maybe they'll learn their lesson on their own and drop their prices.

I don't get why some folks get all worked up over what price someone wants to sell their personal property for. But, if people really want to help a seller who is priced above the market, send them a PM and suggest they consider adjusting their price. No need to crap on their ad to make a point.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top