JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We actually get quite a few Canadians that come across and shoot in the matches. It's a hassle for them but is better in some ways than what they have available. Lots of paperwork and you want to stay on the good side of the border guys. All of our matches are starting to get really full, 3600 members at the club. Had 63 guns in the club speed steel match last month.
Do they bring their own guns? Is it even legal for Canadians to bring guns into tge States, or do they have to borrow them to compete?

I would call the current market a temporary reprieve, nothing more.
The reality is that the GOP was never in danger of losing control of the House, so we were never in any danger of new Federal legislation being passed, regardless of who became POTUS.
I would avoid complacency. While it is nice to have a POTUS who isnt anti-gun, I am not at all happy with the manner in which Trump is conducting himself and the situation is ripe for a backlash that could alter the balance of power in 20 months after the midterm elections. I would be amazed if Trump gets re-elected in 2020, and all bets are off for gun owners after that. And dont even get me started on what the Oregon legislature is getting ready to do to us this term....

There may very well be some low-priced firearms out there, including AR style; but there are new models coming out by big name brands and off brands and they still run $700 and up.
As for the current administrator, if things continue as they are, his party of choice may not even back him for re-election.

Do they bring their own guns? Is it even legal for Canadians to bring guns into tge States, or do they have to borrow them to compete?
Yep it's legal, they bring their own stuff. They have to fill out ATF forms for the type and serial of the arms they are bringing as well as manufacture and amount of ammo. Oh and they have to have a letter from the club inviting them to compete. Trigger locks, locked cases. Which I think is how they have to transport them on their own side. Weird thing, they never had a .22lr shortage. Although their .22 is not cheap. Even in the worst of times I was still able to buy it cheaper than they could from their local shops.
Sidenote 70 guns in todays Speed Steel match

@flydipper Would you mind if I shot you a PM with a few questions on some things? My GF is kinda in the same boat as your clubmates, wanting to join me on the line while visiting and learn her way around shooting and competition. (She's a Canuck too, but would be borrowing my irons under my supervision.)

I was at a local pawn shop yesterday, guy had A Del-ton M4 he was trying to sell. The were only offering him $175 because he said they were only getting $450ish for the 20+ they already have.

Palmetto $340 just-add-lower kits are back in stock!

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm the guy who resolved to get his goodies first before ever saying a word about deals again... but budgeting says No Chance In Hell for me this round, so since I don't have any competition I'm sharing. :)

EDIT for link: <broken link removed>

Just slap a lower in and you're good to go--I'm thinking one of these combined with an XM177-style stock, a BCM version of those funky tri-rail things the Canucks like and a little Woodland Green Krylon should make a passable Canadian C8-inspired "starter rifle" for the girlfriend to borrow while joining me on the range.

Last Edited:
Diamondback do you, yourself, have a preferred lower?
TBH, I'm too new at this game myself to have formed any preferences--the only one I have is my NWFA Anderson, which went together like throwing all the parts in a box and shaking it, though I have an EP Armory 80% polymer on the way. (Don't like the integral triggerguard so much, but for $20...)

Were you amazed when he got elected in '16? I think a whole lot of Trump haters were.
To my earlier response I would add this; Trump didnt win the election, Hillary lost it. He wont be running against Hillary in 2020, which means no emails or birth certificates or Benghazi to campaign against. The Democrats were cocky and complacent and full of hubris in the last election; you can be sure they will not make that mistake next time.

Then again, Hildabeast is already squawking about a rematch... even though I don't like Trump very much (though I grudgingly admit he has put more Points On The Board than anybody in a long time), here's hoping they either run her again or somebody equally nasty and detestable to the Everyman like Lieawatha Warren.

The Democrats were cocky and complacent and full of hubris in the last election; you can be sure they will not make that mistake next time.

Oh, I don't know. I think they will quite likely make that mistake over and over and over. I think it is in the Democrats nature to do exactly that.

The question is how many Americans will chose to support that mistake

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top