JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now, if AR-10's would become more reasonable, I'd add one to the collection in a heartbeat...
if the military would surplus or put the SR-25 into the CMP system.......... itd be a great day

EDIT: I mean, they are being replaced by the M110 series, as well as other guns, so there's absolutely no reason that the surplus SR-25s wouldn't be available on the civilian market, seeing as it is semiautomatic-only, thus not under the post 86 machine gun ban, like the M4 and M16A4s.

Weird... I'd have expected it to be out shooting people on it's own; They're really dangerous like that. ;-)
Ya know the guy at the store looked at me funny when I told him my assault weapon wasn't an assault weapon at all and wanted my money back.
Heck all the missionaries came to the door I placed it next to and it did nothing.
Then some vacuum cleaner salesman stopped by. It did nothing.
Then the county tax man came by and nothing. Now the last one pizzed me off.
The neighbor's dog pooped right in front of my house!
Why have an assault rifle if it doesn't assault the folks you don't want at your door?
I want my money back:mad:

if the military would surplus or put the SR-25 into the CMP system.......... itd be a great day

EDIT: I mean, they are being replaced by the M110 series, as well as other guns, so there's absolutely no reason that the surplus SR-25s wouldn't be available on the civilian market, seeing as it is semiautomatic-only, thus not under the post 86 machine gun ban, like the M4 and M16A4s.
"B-B-But it's MILITARY GRADE!" They REALLY don't like the idea of us having equal equipment very much...

I shoot at a club up in the north part of Whatcom county called Custer Sportsman club we are introducing a new club match called Practical Rifle which will be a combination of steel and paper out to 100yds. It will happen on the 5th Sundays of the months that have them for the rest of the year to get the bugs worked out and will go monthly in 18. I'm not a facebook person but there is a facebook page for it there is also a brief on their website. Sounds like all levels of centerfire rifle will have divisions. There was a good talk about it at the board meeting last week.

Man, you guys are so close to the Canadian border, are guns even legal there? Sounds like fun though.

Where are all the cheap AK's? FAL's? HK clones?

:(
in Canada, Africa, India, SW Asia and Middle East :rolleyes:
blame 922R/EOs on this (import ban from China and other countries)
In fact I think its part of 922(r) that says "a rifle not suitable for sporting purposes shall not be legal to import" or something like that. That is why many of the Com-Bloc and Euro rifles have US made parts, or came into the US as parts kits.

Man, you guys are so close to the Canadian border, are guns even legal there? Sounds like fun though.
We actually get quite a few Canadians that come across and shoot in the matches. It's a hassle for them but is better in some ways than what they have available. Lots of paperwork and you want to stay on the good side of the border guys. All of our matches are starting to get really full, 3600 members at the club. Had 63 guns in the club speed steel match last month.

We actually get quite a few Canadians that come across and shoot in the matches. It's a hassle for them but is better in some ways than what they have available. Lots of paperwork and you want to stay on the good side of the border guys. All of our matches are starting to get really full, 3600 members at the club. Had 63 guns in the club speed steel match last month.
Back in the early 90's I lived in Spokane and used to go over to Sandpoint and Libby MT to matches. Quite a few canucks used to come over to shoot. Some even left their guns there. Hi cap mags were left there too. I believe they had just passed some laws in Canada outlawing them.

Ya know the guy at the store looked at me funny when I told him my assault weapon wasn't an assault weapon at all and wanted my money back.
Heck all the missionaries came to the door I placed it next to and it did nothing.
Then some vacuum cleaner salesman stopped by. It did nothing.
Then the county tax man came by and nothing. Now the last one pizzed me off.
The neighbor's dog pooped right in front of my house!
Why have an assault rifle if it doesn't assault the folks you don't want at your door?
I want my money back:mad:

HeII. When I choose to use it as such. My lever action 30-30 that hangs over the fireplace is an assault rifle.
I used it against the neighbors attack Sheperd to great affect!

But hey. Hey was using his assault teeth on me first. o_O

in Canada, Africa, India, SW Asia and Middle East :rolleyes:
blame 922R/EOs on this (import ban from China and other countries)
In fact I think its part of 922(r) that says "a rifle not suitable for sporting purposes shall not be legal to import" or something like that. That is why many of the Com-Bloc and Euro rifles have US made parts, or came into the US as parts kits.

Papa Bush.

Import Ban on Assault Rifles Becomes Permanent

Last Edited:
Back in the early 90's I lived in Spokane and used to go over to Sandpoint and Libby MT to matches. Quite a few canucks used to come over to shoot. Some even left their guns there. Hi cap mags were left there too. I believe they had just passed some laws in Canada outlawing them.
That's funny, they would have a tough time doing that now. One of my buddies comes down every week, his kid shoots on the junior speed steel team and there is quite a bit of paperwork for guns and ammo. Whenever he starts to get hassled at the border too much he just reports to the club management and they make a call to one of the big guys as the club rents bays to the CBP for their quals.

A coworker mentioned to me the other day he was thinking on getting either an AR15 or an AK, but wasn't sure. He has a few handguns, and shotguns but no other long guns.

Mentioned it'd be a great time to buy, given lower prices & seemingly available inventory.

Invited him out to the range to try some stuff out.

Administration officials said that without the ban 700,000 to one million foreign-made assault weapons would have been imported into the United States this year, but they acknowledged that the slack would easily be taken up by domestic manufacturers
from article in 1989
:rolleyes: guess that explains the apparent surplus of AR types... but only 5 years later Clintons administration did the AWB....

You see, this is exactly what the Liberal politicians fear that we will take over once we finally says f*** you Chelios, enough!!! That's what they fear, they fear their citizenry, even the people that elected them.
Same trick as they seem to be pulling with ITAR on even basic iron sights: "Okay, foreigner, you can play with toys on a range under certain conditions... BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY WAY TO AIM IT!"

Lower prices, yes I would agree; but cheap? I suppose some AR brands and models may be less expensive, but I haven't noticed prices dropping on LMT's, Daniel Defense and some other brands. As for 22LR, yes, I did just pick up some bricks (only 325, not 525) and they were down to the old 525 prices (3+years ago). I still call that inflated, but at least it wasn't the $25, 35 or 45+ they've been. Ad price was $17.99 and there was a rebate if you spent over $100, plus I had a retailer coupon; final price $15.99. Still, I was only paying about $17.99 - $19.99 for 525's before the shortage popped up. I have noticed that 9, 40 and 45 can be found at reasonable pricing again, and 380 has dropped drastically at some on-line merchants.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top