JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Or you can be super cool and hold out for a Surefire 4 Prong Flash Hider, Muzzle Brake FH556RC :s0168:
I'm just letting this thing build itself... The way this build is going, it is genuinely as if it's being pulled together by comic forces beyond my control. Every piece has almost literall fell in my lap so far. I don't have a lot of money to put into it, so it will progress as the parts continue present themselves.
So far I only have about $400 into it, and if a guy were to be actively seeking out and buying these parts(those that I have so far) it would cost over $1000.
Still need the Colt M4A1 lower, ACOG, and a PEQ box to really get it right. a LOT of money in there!

Last Edited:
Crap, I wish I had seen this thread sooner. Brownells had them on sale for $270 plus another $20 with free shipping using a promo code just yesterday. They didn't last long, they are currently out of stock but keep your eye open. Back in Oct they were $244 shipped until the FL shooting.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...iver-5-56mm-sku100-025-281-109740-206687.aspx
I saw those... I've got an LE6920 waiting for me in another members safe... I'm hoping to have the money to get it after my next gun show. Ideally I'll have "Braceman" engrave an EPL with all the clone correct GOV M4A1 marks in the future. I can't turn a complete lower into a pistol for the Commando, so my options for its lower are limited.

Then, you are way ahead of the game because that barrel assembly alone costs $250.
That was the single most expensive piece so far... and it only cost me $125:D. Another vendor put it out on his table with Less than an hour left at the last gunshow... he said he had been holding it back all weekend for a guy that went to get cash the day before and never came back... so he snoozed and loozed. I lucked out and noticed it sitting there on my way back to my table from the restroom.
A timely urge to tinkle to say the least.

This is a killer score. I'm jealous. Is it new?
It looks like new... perfect, clean bore.. no burn, or powder residue in the FSP, but it has four symmetrical lines in the parkerizing where it appears to have been clamped in a barrel vise... I assume it was a take off.... possibly removed in favor of a 16" barrel. But then again, one of the marks is inside the 203 cut out, so maybe it just got banged around and took a few cosmetic scars.
ABA5AA96-8D3B-431E-84CA-9FB3DCA1CCD4.jpeg 7CF595C1-7F29-4A7E-AC22-131153DCB54D.jpeg 6E5C1D5B-DD8E-429B-AE8F-55155D57EDD3.jpeg 6A228987-94D8-4920-988B-24238B9D9639.jpeg 2AAFAD2A-D299-48AF-8542-2801D317D24D.jpeg

I bought the same pair when they came out. Love the 10.

That Big 10 Delta is what made a believer outa me when they issued them to us! Took pistol shooting to a whole nother level, and when they took them from us, it was very close to mutiny! So I marched my azz into the Colt custom shop and laid down the coins to get my very own 1911 Delta custom built for me exactly how our issue pieces were with those awesome adjustable trit nite sights! :):):)

I was debating between a CAR, Waffle , or Socom stock (when I get there) and a couple days ago my LGS had a full set of Colt takeoffs from a 6920 for $10... so that answered that.
03EAE585-C6C5-48EF-84CC-48A0DA84BF4E.jpeg
Obviously won't be using the forgrips on this build, but I'm sure I'll find a place for them.
I didn't realize there are several differences between the Colt and the other waffle stocks out there...(Colt top, Ruger bottom)
1228370D-18E3-4144-8AC4-D34874AB83E2.jpeg
The bottom ruger takeoff is typical of most of the commercially available waffle stocks. Colt is shorter, a little sleeker, and weighs about an ounce less.

Last Edited:
It looks like new... perfect, clean bore.. no burn, or powder residue in the FSP, but it has four symmetrical lines in the parkerizing where it appears to have been clamped in a barrel vise... I assume it was a take off.... possibly removed in favor of a 16" barrel. But then again, one of the marks is inside the 203 cut out, so maybe it just got banged around and took a few cosmetic scars.

I'll bet you're right on the money here. I don't think is a vise mark because as you mentioned someone would have to work at it to mark up the 203 cut like that. Are the FSP taper pins marked up at all? It is possible like it may have been removed and reinstalled not so gingerly.

Last Edited:
I was debating between a CAR, Waffle , or Socom stock (when I get there) and a couple days ago my LGS had a full set of Colt takeoffs from a 6920 for $10... so that answered that.
View attachment 459710
Obviously won't be using the forgrips on this build, but I'm sure I'll find a place for them.
I didn't realize there are several differences between the Colt and the other waffle stocks out there...(Colt top, Ruger bottom)
View attachment 459712
The bottom ruger takeoff is typical of most of the commercially available waffle stocks. Colt is shorter, a little sleeker, and weighs about an ounce less.

Personally, I'm going with the LMT stock. I picked one a while back for less than I could a B5 so I jump on it.

Can't beat a Colt for standard handguards, especially at 10 bucks, their heat shields are heavier than the competition.

I will most likely use my DD RISII FSP for my clone build, hey that would cover those pesky scratches. ;)

Personally, I'm going with the LMT stock. I picked one a while back for less than I could B5 so I jump on it.

Can't beat a Colt for standard handguards, especially at 10 bucks, their heat shields are heavier than the competition.

I will most likely use my DD RISII FSP for my clone build, hey that would cover those pesky scratches. ;)
I think I could get it re parked for a lot less than a DD ris. They aren't really deep scratches... just the park is gone not into the metal at all.
A DD and a Sopmod would put me into Block2 land.. a build for another time. I want to do a mark18 also.
Are the FSP taper pins marked up at all? It is possible like it may have been removed and reinstalled not so gingerly.
BINGO.... As a matter of fact...
3AAA0FBA-3754-4BEB-AC48-FD5AD86307C8.jpeg 850095F2-B177-4431-A70A-2F4F72DD26CC.jpeg

Imagine this...
You come home from two days of selling, buying, and trading at the gun show. You made enough to pay the bills so wife is happy... you sold a gun or two that you really didn't want to, but as a result of your sacrifice you now have enough to build a rifle or two....
Let's say you are a lucky sob and stumble on to a couple great deals... and among your spoils are the following...
-A BNIB Knights Armorment R.A.S. System
-A genuine 14.5" Colt Barrel.... unfired, but a little scuffed from riding in some guys spare parts bin for years.
-A MaTech Rear BUIS

Whattaya do? What Do You DO?
View attachment 450865
First correct answer gets a "like";)
Didn't read the thread but I'd make sure the crown wasn't buggered.

Just make the rest look as worn to match. Nothing like scratches on one part of the gun to make it look out of place. As an example, here's my STG58 where the previous owner used DSA railed top cover. The top cover wore off some of the finish.

IMG_3321.JPG

Yep, I thought so. That is what happens when you give monkeys tools. Meh, not the end of the world, personally I doubt I'd bother to re-park it.
I might just touch it up with some cold blue, or maybe spray the whole thing in desert camo like the GIs do it....
Crown looks fine judging from the pic above. It is pretty common when removing the FSP, I always oil the barrel and rotate the FSP first then slowly remove it t avoid such marks.
ya crown is AOK, that's one of the first things I look at beforebuying a bbl.... I think the wear is just a combo of R&R of the fsp, and rolling around in an armorers bucket for the last 10 years... Barrel is stamped 06/08.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top