JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A good factory built DSA can be had through @LuckySG, if you ask him nicely, I bet he can get you a good standard Belgian pattern for less then a build, a very good way to get into a FAL and learn your way around them with out some of the teething problems commn to a first time builder! If you like, I can send you my personal factory blueprints and armorors manual, which walks you through the entire prosess at a 9th grade reading and comprehension level, makes it really easy to understand what's needed and how to do certain steps, plus it gives part descriptions and a current listing of suppliers, and factory part numbers that are standard through out the industry!:D be more then happy to send them your way, pay it forward!:)

A good factory built DSA can be had through @LuckySG, if you ask him nicely, I bet he can get you a good standard Belgian pattern for less then a build, a very good way to get into a FAL and learn your way around them with out some of the teething problems commn to a first time builder! If you like, I can send you my personal factory blueprints and armorors manual, which walks you through the entire prosess at a 9th grade reading and comprehension level, makes it really easy to understand what's needed and how to do certain steps, plus it gives part descriptions and a current listing of suppliers, and factory part numbers that are standard through out the industry!:D be more then happy to send them your way, pay it forward!:)
I am always susceptible to a good bribe or to help a do-gooder forum member.

So @Ura-Ki and @Boboclown....
If I were to listen to you :s0008:
And sold my Barrel and RAS, I'm looking at maybe 4bills there, plus a few hundred more to add to the pot. What would that get me as far as BM59 or FAL.
I missed the opertunity to buy a fal with a heavy barrel, wood furniture and a carry handle(what ever model that is) last month, I could have got it for $850, but I don't know enough about them to confidently spend a bunch of money.
ARs on the other hand I know exactly what to look for, and what to pay.
I'm actually still on the "build m4gery and a piston AR" side BEFORE you get into other rifles.

Kits for FALs are not as cheap as they used to be. It was $500-$550 for my Imbel kit (with 17.2" barrel) but other kits can be more expensive.

Well specifically...:D
I'd like that barrel with a upper that has the A2 sights with a permanent carrying handle , and a fixed A2 stock...with a Northwest Firearms lower...
Kinda simple , I know...but I'm a simple kinda guy...:D
Andy

Model 607.jpg

I'm gathering up parts for the above.

UPDATE:
I ended up getting a couple projects out of this venture... first I bought a complete upper from a member here intending on using just the receiver and BCG for my M4 SOCOM block 1 build. But it was an agency trade in Colt Commando, and after slapping it on a pistol lower, and trying it out I fell in love!... so I'm keeping it intact.
So instead I traded the A1 receiver and 11.5" barrel from my XM177 for a another Colt upper and BCG along with a fsp side mount strap swivel and enough cash to jump on a Surefire weapon light that is correct for the block 1. So now I have 2 awsome Colt uppers, and no Colt lowers. They are sharing an Aero pistol lower for now.
089F4C21-FE33-4AE6-9398-93051C3E6A9F.jpeg 7E1A51CD-8404-41DD-BA96-C6802ADC2905.jpeg D2900D80-E85A-4031-802A-39AB7CB2559B.jpeg 648D7528-C343-4B9D-9361-5D77BD070C25.jpeg B18E2FC7-8D55-4232-B15A-E572926606F6.jpeg 0DDF77C1-5B7A-4191-BC2E-A587932B8E76.jpeg

Alternat option for an M4, @Mygrainman : Unpinned 14.5 with NO stock. The SBM4 brace is designed to at-first-glance look a lot like an M4 telestock while only being a brace...
2D168585-2C3C-4652-A1EE-53A89E7D0910.jpeg
I've got it on a pistol lower now... I have no shortage of pistol "stock options"....
Had the SBX on first, but it looked off, so I gave it to Scarlett, and put the Shockwave on. The good ol' classic sb15 is more comfortable, so I might go with that later...
D331215F-C618-4B73-A839-1E7A52E5590B.jpeg D183708F-C6DC-4B5E-99D9-5C17667407E3.jpeg 32D700B1-ED24-4E6B-B35C-9896FF47024D.jpeg
But as soon as I get the A2X pin and welded on I've got a CAR ready and waiting to be my huckleberry. There's no substitute for the real thing. Still need a Colt M4 lower too.
2720A1CD-4859-4A68-9634-B48E0F7DA8E5.jpeg

UPDATE:
I ended up getting a couple projects out of this venture... first I bought a complete upper from a member here intending on using just the receiver and BCG for my M4 SOCOM block 1 build. But it was an agency trade in Colt Commando, and after slapping it on a pistol lower, and trying it out I fell in love!... so I'm keeping it intact.
So instead I traded the A1 receiver and 11.5" barrel from my XM177 for a another Colt upper and BCG along with a fsp side mount strap swivel and enough cash to jump on a Surefire weapon light that is correct for the block 1. So now I have 2 awsome Colt uppers, and no Colt lowers. They are sharing an Aero pistol lower for now.
View attachment 457939 View attachment 457940 View attachment 457941 View attachment 457942 View attachment 457943 View attachment 457944

Not sure if you're interested but I have 2 Colt 6720 complete lowers I'm trying to sell. They are complete take offs.

Imagine this...
You come home from two days of selling, buying, and trading at the gun show. You made enough to pay the bills so wife is happy... you sold a gun or two that you really didn't want to, but as a result of your sacrifice you now have enough to build a rifle or two....
Let's say you are a lucky sob and stumble on to a couple great deals... and among your spoils are the following...
-A BNIB Knights Armorment R.A.S. System
-A genuine 14.5" Colt Barrel.... unfired, but a little scuffed from riding in some guys spare parts bin for years.
-A MaTech Rear BUIS

Whattaya do? What Do You DO?
View attachment 450865
First correct answer gets a "like";)
Easy.
Build an M4gery.

Last Edited:
Well specifically...:D
I'd like that barrel with a upper that has the A2 sights with a permanent carrying handle , and a fixed A2 stock...with a Northwest Firearms lower...
Kinda simple , I know...but I'm a simple kinda guy...:D
Andy

I have the A2 stock I'll send you if you want it... PM me if interested...

I don't remember the exact brand flash hiders, but I think it was ether AAC or Surefire that were used, and they are long enough to make you legal, or close enough with a spacer, then you have the correct muzzle device and can run your suppressor and still be legit! That's the way I would roll!:D
Or sell the barrel to Tully so you don't feel bad about modifying a darn nice factory COLT barrel, and both be happy with the M-Forgery!:) but that's just me! Agreed with Medic! And Bobo, gotta move on to a bigger baddy and do up a FAL or a BM-59, you never look at an AR the same after you build one of these!:D:p

Or you can be super cool and hold out for a Surefire 4 Prong Flash Hider, Muzzle Brake FH556RC :s0168:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top