JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ive been talking to a friend who installed an AR piston conversion on his gun, sure seems a lot cleaner and maybe a little smoother, maybe thats just me. Has anyone installed one of these? how do you like it? any heads up about them?

I've been wanting to try an "Adams Arms" gas piston for a long time.

One problem found, is "Carrier Tilt". Basically, a piston-driven AR uses an actual rod to push the BCG back, instead of gas, which has a habbit of tilting the carrier back. It's hard on buffers and upper receivers. Adams Arms has a carrier that is supposed to help or fix this problem, but I don't know how well it works...

check with Rainier Arms they have a piston kit ready to go. I am using a LWRC and POF, between the 2, tough choice but leaning towards the LWRC. SOF magazine had a well written article written by Pat Rogers-EAG tactical school, retired NYPD and former USMC
regarding the LWRC.

Rainier Arms piston conversion is a PWS of which they can install on your upper if you choose to go that route. All you need is to bring in your upper, barrel, BCG and the rail fore arm you want to use. Thing I like about the PWS there are a couple of options as to what HG you want to use. Using the DD 9.0 Lite and the conversion on my upper, it comes to about $750.00.

I don't think that is to bad of a deal on my DI upper.

SF-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads