JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It seems to me that there are two types of AR pistol carbines. One that's purposefully built to shoot pistol rounds and two, an adaption kit to apply to an AR 15. Yes? If no, please pass on some knowledge. And, What's the good and the bad with either design? I saw a Spikes lower for 9mm that took Colt mags. I've never seen many extended mags for colts and it seems Glock has an edge in this area. The lower $265 which seemed like a pretty good price. Thoughts?

I suppose that would be an accurate description. I think of it more as, you can convert an Ar15 to shoot pistol calibers, or you can buy a dedicated pistol caliber receiver that utilizes Ar15 components (it's not technically an Ar at this point.)

The only real advantage of a dedicated pistol caliber lower is that it is streamlined. You potentially can save weight, and it may or may not look more aesthetically pleasing.

The disadvantage to a PCC lower, is that you can no longer switch to a rifle caliber.

Or...
Use 9mm Endo mag inserts for Pmags and use a regular AR15 lower.
4aEPTRPl.jpg

I would start with a CMMG Radial Delayed Blowback barrel and bolt with their version of Endo mags if I did it again though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top