JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Look down on your trigger group with the upper off the gun.
Cock the hammer with your thumb wile holding the trigger. Then let off the trigger and see if the disconector lets go of the hammer and hands control over to the trigger sear?

I cocked the hammer with my thumb, finger holding the trigger down, then let off the trigger and when I released the hammer it "caught," and held where it should. Is this what you mean?

cock it, finger hold trigger back, let off hammer first then the trigger. You should get a click as the connector releases to the sear
you guys got this one figured out
I cocked the hammer with my thumb, finger holding the trigger down, then let off the trigger and when I released the hammer it "caught," and held where it should. Is this what you mean?

cock it, finger hold trigger back, let off hammer first then the trigger. You should get a click as the connector releases to the sear
you guys got this one figured out

When I let off the hammer a tiny bit then the trigger it wasn't making the click and catching. If I just brought the hammer back without the trigger it would click or if I let off the trigger before the hammer it would click.

Interesting, something is off, get this: I did exactly what you said and when I let off the trigger... nothing, however then I grabbed the trigger and pushed it forward slightly then I heard the click! So what does this sound like to you? The trigger position is off or something shifted? This was an experimental build for me with a cheap plastic lower that I was given and "finished" with a Dremel. So maybe something is screwed up or needs modding. Thoughts?

Great test by the way, we've definitely isolated where the issue is.

Well this is gona get a bit convoluted. Please be patient with me.
It's a matter of terminology.

Do this.
While puling the trigger back. Cock the hammer with your thumb.
Let off the trigger. You should hear an audible click.
Pull the trigger and the hammer should fall. [Please buffer it from hitting the receiver. As the upper is off the gun.]

The click you hear when you let go of the trigger is the disconecter letting go of the hammer and dropping it down to the trigger sear,
The pull of the trigger disconnects the sear and that's why the hammer drops.

Make sense?
This is how things should work.

Before when you said you did not hear a click when releasing the trigger. And had to push it forward to hear the ''Click''. This led me to believe the hook on the disconector was not letting go of the hammer.

Can you reproduce this failure to ''Click'' with the upper off? Or maybe with the gun back together?

Ok so I'm wrong earlier, thought it wasn't cycling after the first shot..

Question:
have you reassembled the trigger group?

I'm wondering if the spring is on the wrong side of the pin

Well this is gona get a bit convoluted. Please be patient with me.
It's a matter of terminology.

Do this.
While puling the trigger back. Cock the hammer with your thumb.
Let off the trigger. You should hear an audible click.
Pull the trigger and the hammer should fall. [Please buffer it from hitting the receiver. As the upper is off the gun.]

The click you hear when you let go of the trigger is the disconecter letting go of the hammer and dropping it down to the trigger sear,
The pull of the trigger disconnects the sear and that's why the hammer drops.

Make sense?
This is how things should work.

Before when you said you did not hear a click when releasing the trigger. And had to push it forward to hear the ''Click''. This led me to believe the hook on the disconector was not letting go of the hammer.

Can you reproduce this failure to ''Click'' with the upper off? Or maybe with the gun back together?

When I am pulling the trigger back, cock the hammer and then let off the hammer there is no click.

Sounds like the disconector is not letting go of the hammer? I think it must have a bur or something hanging it up on the hammer.
The contact surface on the disconector and hammer may need to be filed down and made smooth with a diamond file and some fine paper.

They need to disengage when you let go of the trigger or you will never be able to pull the trigger and drop the hammer.

It could also be a week trigger spring that can't move the trigger back to the forward position against the tension of the disconector/hammer connection?
But there pretty weak anyways. And polishing the hammer/disconector contact points will hurt nothing. So why not try that first?

bjett98 has posted a video. Maybe that helps. I'm not the best explainer.:D

Last Edited:
Sounds like the disconector is not letting go of the hammer? I think it must have a bur or something hanging it up on the hammer.
The contact surface on the disconector and hammer may need to be filed down and made smooth with a diamond file and some fine paper.

They need to disengage when you let go of the trigger or you will never be able to pull the trigger and drop the hammer.

It could also be a week trigger spring that can't move the trigger back to the forward position against the tension of the disconector/hammer connection?
But there pretty weak anyways. And polishing the hammer/disconector contact points will hurt nothing. So why not try that first?

bjett98 has posted a video. Maybe that helps. I'm not the best explainer.:D

Sounds like this will be tough to find out exactly which of those pieces is messed up.

Where on earth are you located, as I have a few stock triggers left over from previous builds and maybe swapping out a part might solve the problem.

You know what we need around here is a decent gunsmith...

:s0071:

image.jpeg

I should add that it's pretty had to troubleshoot a problem such as this via the internet. But not impossible ;)
It can be something soo simple but just over looked.

image.jpeg

Last Edited:
My buddy had that happen.
His friend who helped him build it installed the trigger spring incorrectly(upside down)
He assembled it right and hasn't had any issues since.
-K

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads