JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It would have to be pin and welded and measure 16 inches to be a legal rifle. If it's a pistol with a brace I wouldn't stress it right now. A stock is a different story.

It also depends on what the lower was registered as.

There is an NFA section on this website so you can read about the silencer (legal term) or suppressor (industry term) options and NFA transfer process. Some suppressors come from the factory with flats and a transverse hole to make pinning and welding them to a barrel easier. Personally I would not want a suppressor tied to any one gun or barrel for life. I'd get an SBR stamp and go that route instead of pinning and welding a suppressor to the barrel.

There is an NFA section on this website so you can read about the silencer (legal term) or suppressor (industry term) options and NFA transfer process. Some suppressors come from the factory with flats and a transverse hole to make pinning and welding them to a barrel easier. Personally I would not want a suppressor tied to any one gun or barrel for life. I'd get an SBR stamp and go that route instead of pinning and welding a suppressor to the barrel.
This is the way.

Yesterday my son bought an AR pistol with a 10.5 in barrel and he is wondering if adding a 6-in can silencer would make it legal length to shoulder fire or not?
Thanks 🤘🤘
Keep an eye on the ATF's pistol brace announcements to ensure that you or your kid aren't running afoul of this about to change rule.

If it were me, and it will be as soon as I get to my new address…I'd do a Form 1 on the gun and get it legally declared a Short Barrel Rifle. Now you can put whatever stock you want on it.

Then I'd get a can for it, not worrying about overall length to be 16" but to be whatever I want for usability.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top