JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the BCM vertical grip isn't technically 'vertical', and the ATF is very clear about the grip needing to be 'vertical' which can be interpreted as only 90*. Not 89*, not 91*.

That said I know a few folks who don't register form1 cans or sbr's, trade lowers and 80%s, and have never been questioned by anyone out shooting in the woods, even law enforcement, although there was never an ATF agent... I don't know why one of them would be in the middle of the woods in Oregon.

I don't really recommend doing that, as there is always a chance of the law catching up to you, but for some, that chance is smaller than a meteor falling on their head.
OTOH, even though the foregrip of a Tommy gun is steeply raked, almost 45 degrees, ATF considers it a VFG.

Ill save the big talk for others. Until you build your brigade of "freedom fighters" maybe toss some cash to the SAF or the 1639 lawsuit, the folks actually doing the heavy lifting...carry on.
Yeah... another case of visibly illustrating my signature. I think we got a troll or provocateur here...

Yeah... another case of visibly illustrating my signature. I think we got a troll or provocateur here...

Let me leave you with this final thought.

You want to fight a battle in a courtroom which is paid for using our taxed dollars, using rules that were made by the vary people we are fighting, using money that is taxed to pay for the people we are fighting, to win against laws that shouldn't be law....which are signed into law by the same people we are paying to fight against us?

Keep fighting the sheeple fight!!!!

I have never seen so many people just lay down. Very sad. Which law is being broken? As I see it, the only law I see being broken is our Supreme law of the land which we fought and bled and died for when we kicked the English out. But as long as you are safe under the thumb of tyranny, by all means, show me what I am doing wrong. Mass disobedience is the only way we can put our Government in check. Otherwise, keep wearing your mask and shelter in place. Gotta make sure we don't get sick. OH and if they say no more open carry..... well you better comply.

Shall not be infringed.

I may have been as fired up as you when I was young, but it's been so long ago that I've all forgotten if that is correct or not. These things didn't seem to be so critically important back then. Course, some of us were in the Army. I don't say I even disagree with you, just that there is some distance in our thinking in what the urgency appears to be.

Hopefully if I'm ever hauled in for some strange reason, you're on the jury.

I may have been as fired up as you when I was young, but it's been so long ago that I've all forgotten if that is correct or not. These things didn't seem to be so critically important back then. Course, some of us were in the Army. I don't say I even disagree with you, just that there is some distance in our thinking in what the urgency appears to be.

Hopefully if I'm ever hauled in for some strange reason, you're on the jury.

The funny thing is I am a whopping 47 years young.

I fought in 2 different deployments, and I was very complacent until this pandemic. I have never in my life witnessed so many people "OK" with the government "suspending" our Constitutional rights in order for us to be "safe." It makes me sick and I have never had such a fire lit under my bubblegum until I watched a politician say that open carry is now suspended.

I didn't shoot humans in the desert to see THIS happen in my lifetime.

Needless to say, I am beyond pissed.

The funny thing is I am a whopping 47 years young.

I fought in 2 different deployments, and I was very complacent until this pandemic. I have never in my life witnessed so many people "OK" with the government "suspending" our Constitutional rights in order for us to be "safe." It makes me sick and I have never had such a fire lit under my bubblegum until I watched a politician say that open carry is now suspended.

I didn't shoot humans in the desert to see THIS happen in my lifetime.

Needless to say, I am beyond pissed.
It's awesome to have passion, just know this is a public site with anyone that desires to review what's been stated and by whom. We all have passion for the 2A and fight for its protection, all this to say Thanks for your Service, many feel exactly as you do, most are just a bit more reasoned on a public forum.

Not applicable in the context of the discussion in THIS thread.

This thread is in regards to the injunction around ammunition background checks in the State of California.

With background checks, folks cannot have ammunition shipped to homes. Companies simply will not ship. Forced compliance.

Due to the injunction, what this thread is discussing, companies ARE shipping ammunition to homes directly.
Smart people don't risk prison time just to give "the man" the middle finger either. They adapt. If necessary, they can break the law later when it comes time to do more than bare your posterior to the system. Right now, I can have what is basically a sawed off shotgun without having to register it. Ditto with a short barreled rifle (which is what an AR "pistol" is). I can also get a binary trigger and have a high rate of fire if I wish - combine that with a belt-fed upper and I am doing pretty good.

That said, at ~66, with a heart and lung condition, being out of shape, not having combat training (much less experience), I would last maybe 30 seconds should the gov sic the NG on me. So the exercise is kind of academic right now. YMMV
It's awesome to have passion, just know this is a public site with anyone that desires to review what's been stated and by whom. We all have passion for the 2A and fight for its protection, all this to say Thanks for your Service, many feel exactly as you do, most are just a bit more reasoned on a public forum.

Public forum or not....I fought too hard to be afraid to speak my mind. I could just private message people and hope no one sees, but I feel that would be a cowards way.

Public forum or not....I fought too hard to be afraid to speak my mind. I could just private message people and hope no one sees, but I feel that would be a cowards way.
Speak your mind most do, just abide forum rules you agreed to when you signed up here and you'll be good to go.

I wonder if that's what the Jews said as they were loaded on the trains?

Hey at least they were "Smart" and followed their overlords.

Well, the smart ones left before that happened - if they could, but if you think it is being smart to go around flaunting breaking the law, then I would say you would have been either dead or in a concentration camp if you were in Nazi Germany about the same time. But hey, you would have had a vertical forward grip on your handgun and that would have made you a hero - right. :rolleyes:

If the AR pistol is less than 26" with the brace folded/collapsed then it cannot have a vertical front grip unless it has an AOW stamp. The ATF regularly changes its standards for measuring these.

I would just get an SBR stamp and have a stock and forward vertical grip.
Yeah no problem just waste more money and time to do the tax stamp BS........

The country needs as many involved, intelligent folks as it can get right now. Best to all.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads