JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im getting ready to start my ar pistol build. And I need some knowledge. There are a few different barrel length options. What are the benefits of 7.5 inch compared to 10 inch. Are shorter barrels as accurate? Do shorter barrels create more recoil?

Which barrel is best for 100 yard acuracy? Wont be shooting farther than that with it. I eventually will be sbr'ing this gun. So any info would be appreciated

Thanks

They say that the 10.5 is more reliable as it uses the stock m4 gas tube system. I have a RRA pistol in 10.5 and it is accurate up to 100 yars that I have shot. I have not tried to shoot it any further either as the local range is only 100 yards. but I really doubt that there is very much difference in accuracy between the two. Haven't shot a 7.5 so take it with a grain of salt. ;)

You probably wont see any difference in accuracy. The 7.5" will be easier to shoot like a pistol, but if you are SBRing it, then it doesn't really matter. It kind of depends on how you want the SBR to look and feel when it is completed. In both cases I would recommend a 1/7 twist rate, It will stabilize the heavier bullets, which will be more lethal at the lower velocity. If its just a plinker, than any barrel twist rate should work.

wg

10.5"- more reliable, when you get a suppressor will be covered on that by most manufacturers- 7.5" not soo much.

Now if you have other lengths covered, 7.5" would be a fun toy to have around!!

As I always understood it, you really start loosing velocity (and therefor lethality) as you go below 16", this said 10.5 is a compromise, 7.5" would be even more so.

Even if you're not planning on a suppressor, there is a reason suppressor manufacturers don't warrantee their product on a 7.5" barrel, because so much of the pressure is just coming out the barrel instead of being used to propel the bullet as it does from a longer barrel.

Im getting ready to start my ar pistol build. And I need some knowledge. There are a few different barrel length options. What are the benefits of 7.5 inch compared to 10 inch. Are shorter barrels as accurate? Do shorter barrels create more recoil?

Which barrel is best for 100 yard acuracy? Wont be shooting farther than that with it. I eventually will be sbr'ing this gun. So any info would be appreciated

Thanks

Shooting a Noveske CQB AR15 at 500 yards - YouTube

4 out of 5 shots at 500 Meters with a LWRC 10.5-inch SBR - YouTube

those both are with 10.5" barrels shooting out to 500 meters. I had seen a earlier video a few years ago of a 7.5" barrel out to 500 meters. All of course are Sbr's but with a stable platform & nice trigger along with some skill or luck you could do it with the pistol no less. I have a carbon 15 pistol & i can hit out to 100 yards open sight fairly easily on a bench. Havent tried longer & really don't have any need to.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top