JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to buy a AR 15 parts kit, looks like there are some available from PSA. This will be my first AR build, and I want to get a kit with everything but the lower right now, then save for a good lower reciever. Does anyone have any suggestions for other parts kits that are currently in stock? Thanks everyone!

I want to buy a AR 15 parts kit, looks like there are some available from PSA. This will be my first AR build, and I want to get a kit with everything but the lower right now, then save for a good lower reciever. Does anyone have any suggestions for other parts kits that are currently in stock? Thanks everyone!
a few online places that are reputable:
AIM surplus, Primary Arms, Midway usa, Brownells, schuyler arms...maybe check a few of the partner retailers on here as well. My local shops usually carry PSA kits, Anderson kits, CMMG kits-so maybe call a few of your local shops too.

you might try Liberty Munitions. I just bought an AR pistol kit from them. They sell PSA stuff but they have kits in stock and are great to deal with.

Be aware of the background check fee before you decide which shop to receive the lower. I used someone that I haven't used before and they charged $50. I used them because they were close to where I work and they had a good reputation. Be sure to ask before you order your lower.

a few online places that are reputable:
AIM surplus, Primary Arms, Midway usa, Brownells, schuyler arms...maybe check a few of the partner retailers on here as well. My local shops usually carry PSA kits, Anderson kits, CMMG kits-so maybe call a few of your local shops too.

I have to disagree with you on Anderson parts. Their receivers come from the same forgings as some of the more respected AR brands and are the best deal on lowers, but look at an Anderson parts kit compared to any of the milspec parts. You will notice a difference.

Be aware of the background check fee before you decide which shop to receive the lower. I used someone that I haven't used before and they charged $50. I used them because they were close to where I work and they had a good reputation. Be sure to ask before you order your lower.

80 percent receiver and forget the background check bologna.

I'd snag a PSA lower from one of our supporting vendors here on the forum and call it a day. :s0155:

Last Edited:
Stag for matched upper/lower set. Their sets are indeed matched well. Anderson if just a lower is needed. Delton for parts kits, although Bushmaster and Stag produce good ones too. Just my two cents....

I have to disagree with you on Anderson parts. Their receivers come from the same forgings as some of the more respected AR brands and are the best deal on lowers, but look at an Anderson parts kit compared to any of the milspec parts. You will notice a difference.

Who cares if they come from the same forgings, it is the machine work that counts. Anderson quality is known to be hit or miss, same with PSA.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top