JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have both a SIG556 and AR's and would recommend a AR. With that said not all AR'a are created equally. If you go the AR route, then buy a good quality one (colt,BCM,DD,etc). Things I don't like about the sig are lack of parts, front heavy and quality control issues with some rifles. Problems a good AR doesn't have.

For what it's worth, I own a sig 556 swat, a couple AR's, and a SCAR 16L..... All are excellent guns, and they all serve different purposes... The AR's are easy to "deck-out", and the only thing that stops from upgrading is your wallet... The Sig is my personal favorite... They run really clean, so after a day of shooting it is by FAR the easiest to clean.... I love my DPMS, and wouldn't get rid of it, but my go-to shooter is the Sig... Now that being said, my SCAR is really new, and I have only had it out once... It has nearly no recoil, looks super cool, shoots clean, and is dead accurate... So it may become the new shooter of choice, but only time will tell....
It really comes down to personal preference... What truck is better ? Dodge, Chevy, or Ford???? Kinda the same question.... Everyone has their own opinion, but all will get the job done well....

Good luck with your choice...

I had my first malfunction with my 556 the other day. The trigger was jammed and would not pull enough to release the sear. I couldn't see anything wrong. I got home and found that an airsoft be had. Somehow got into my gun bag, went through the magwell, and into my trigger group. It had actually been smashed into the trigger itself by me firing it before. So beware the sigs only crutch... Airsoft bb's lol.

I had my first malfunction with my 556 the other day. The trigger was jammed and would not pull enough to release the sear. I couldn't see anything wrong. I got home and found that an airsoft bb had somehow got into my gun bag, went through the magwell, and into my trigger group. It had actually been smashed into the trigger itself by me firing it before. So beware the sigs only crutch... Airsoft bb's lol.

I just posted a review of the related Sig 556R.

Having borrowed that one I was impressed and ordered a 556 Classic for me. Under $1k shipped on gunbroker.

I've owned several ARs and they bore me. I've been shooting my AK at TCGC PR for the last three years because shooting a AR is just meh. I mean they are like Barbie: You can dress it up in different clothes and get the Malibu Barbie car and the Dreamhouse and stuff, but at the end of the day it's always the same plastic tart under hood.

Review is here: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/general-firearm-discussion/83484-review-sig-556r-rifle.html

H